• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it me or is it just really difficult to kill with Sheik?

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
i am getting kinda annoyed with Sheik right now.. i played many matches with her..but i barely win 1 and no it's not cause i am walking around like a noob...

the thing with Sheik is..i perform well enough with Sheik but i keep losing with her cause she just wouldn't kill! >.< like i did combo-ed others even keeping them in the air but no matter how much i keep hitting them they just would not die at high damage! it's frustrating cause i know i am performing well but Sheik's lack of killing making it to impossible to play with her

am i doing something wrong or is it really just Sheik's lack to kill that makes ot so difficult to play with her?

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
sheik has always been designed to be great at racking up damage, but difficult to kill with. that's where most of the difficulty comes in ^^ i usually stick to dthrow > up air for kills!

Vic Viper [FR]

Smash Rookie
Yknowlikenia is right, though from my experience, I feel it's harder to kill with UAir than in Smash 4, but the Wiki doesn't say anything about lessened knockback, maybe it's just me. At any rate, she got nerfed compared to Smash 4, though still plays similarly.

FSmash isn't all that powerful, USmash you gotta be pretty accurate and hit the sweetspot, and UAir feels worse to me. The opposing character gotta be at pretty high percentages to get killed from those moves, it's not news though, she's been like this to a certain extent in all her incarnations. Depending who you're against, gimping might be a more reliable solution.

I'd say try to get aggressive off-stage if you aren't already. (though that's coming from a casual Sheik player here)

Last edited:

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
I'd say try to get aggressive off-stage if you aren't already.
^^ hugely important! don't rely on her smash attacks, rely on ladder combos and carrying them offstage.
(also, vicviper, you have good choice in icon)

TheBlackKnight21

Smash Rookie
Yknowlikenia is right, though from my experience, I feel it's harder to kill with UAir than in Smash 4, but the Wiki doesn't say anything about lessened knockback, maybe it's just me. At any rate, she got nerfed compared to Smash 4, though still plays similarly.

FSmash isn't all that powerful, USmash you gotta be pretty accurate and hit the sweetspot, and UAir feels worse to me. The opposing character gotta be at pretty high percentages to get killed from those moves, it's not news though, she's been like this to a certain extent in all her incarnations. Depending who you're against, gimping might be a more reliable solution.

I'd say try to get aggressive off-stage if you aren't already. (though that's coming from a casual Sheik player here)
It's probably because the blast zones have been increased.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
We honestly need to just develop Sheik’s metagame. There is most likely several kill options/combos that we are unaware of.

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
After some time playing her, these are the most consistent i found, also as a side note, Sheik feels best on platform stages due to her set ups with them.

Use ff up air into f-smash, or down smash, it's true if its buffered, and you can also jab-lock them if they miss tech. This is a confirm out to pretty much any percent.

On platform stages, if the opponent misses a tech on a platform use up-tilt to lock them, then up-smash. Tipper d-tilt to up-smash is true till around 90%, even longer on larger characters. Make sure to buffer a dash to be in place with up smash.

Neutral air and sour spot b-air lead to tons of set ups with tech reads or even jab lock set ups.

Jab an opponent facing you on the edge of a platform forces the opponent into a forced fall, which can be jab locked into whatever you like. Works more effectively the higher the percent.

Her side b is actually dangerous now both because it can be used as a kill option when a foe lands on platforms, covering all options besides jump (if they have it) and for off stage. Forcing an air-dodge off stage with no commitment is awesome leading to offstage and ledge punishes.

Finally, her needles even uncharged are excellent at gimping recoveries. Learn her b-reverse to really see its effectiveness. With the reduced lag, she can toss them out easily during edge guarding covering an angle that few characters can reach.

Last edited:

zblaqk

Smash Apprentice
Found another few kill confirms, they are carried over from smash 4, although the percents are different. Soft hit Neutral Air to Bouncing Fish at mid high percentages and sour spot Back Air to Bouncing Fish at higher percents. You can fish (lol) for BF by reacting to tech options after a successful Nair as well. Works well.

Another strange setup is to use Down Air at ledge from a short hop, catching a foes jump from ledge. If you hit the spike hit box (you'll hear it) you can connect a guaranteed back air at some pretty high percentages. Use this only as a mixup though as you can get punished for missing. It can also combo in BF at some percents too although it needs more testing.

One final thing too, is that because Sheik doesn't really have a kill aerial, it's extremely important to force your opponent to JUMP out your pressure so that you can catch and punish landings hard with our awesome frame data.

Last edited:

Aquamentii

Smash Apprentice
Forward tilt -> up air is a great kill confirm on platforms. Usually has a harder time killing when done from the ground.

Top Bottom