• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it me or...did the Project M Team ruin Lucario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booster

Smash Lord
Did the Project M team **** up Lucario? I sure as hell think they did. You had this amazing Brawl character in the original Brawl, a terribly flawed game, but then Project M comes along, a mod that fixes most of brawls flaws, but ends up ruining Olimar, Toon Link and most of all Lucario. I'm sorry if this sounds like Nitpicking, but this has been on my mind for months and I can't hold it in, Project M Lucario sucks balls.

I know there are secret moves he can use, but they don't even come CLOSE to making up for removing his clever, fun to use Aura Mechanic. Some might say you shouldn't get stronger with more damage, but think about it, this is a unique Fighting game character that hasn't been duplicated except with Brawl Minus where they made the Aura mechanic EVEN BETTER then Vanilla Brawl and Super Smash Bros 4, you have to constantly dodge your opponent's moves to keep your power, otherwise you start off as a ****ty character again.

This adds an element of strategy where you needed to carefully plan your attacks, not necessarily camping and using the Aura Sphere over and over, but getting up close and using your enhanced Smash attacks, Force Palm and using double team to negate any form of assault and attacking back with super attacks, you feel like you earned it, carefully planning everything!

Well, Project M Team, you turned Double Team into a useless move and eliminated the Aura Mechanic and replacing it with ****ty Secret Moves, giving us a ****ty shell of what was once a great character. The same happened with Olimar and Toon Link, arguably on a greater scale, but for me, Lucario got the worst of it, he WAS one of my favorites...but not anymore, and possibly never again until Smash Bros 4 is released.

It almost makes me want to delete Project M and play Vanilla Brawl again. I WANT MY BRAWL LUCARIO BACK GOD DAMMIT!!!

Note: This isn't my opinion, it's a god damn fact, I asked all my friends what they thought of Project M Lucario, they hate it too, I even had to teach them about the secret moves and they STILL hate him.

Last edited:

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Comebacks mechanics in fighting games are not unique to Lucario at all.

Yeah, I know this thread is more or less trollbait but I felt like throwing that out there lol

Booster

Smash Lord
Comebacks mechanics in fighting games are not unique to Lucario at all.

Yeah, I know this thread is more or less trollbait but I felt like throwing that out there lol
It's more of an aggressive opinion thread to be honest.

I genuinely hated Project M Lucario, he's ****ing **** and worse then Vanilla Brawl Ganondorf

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I like how lucario is more in brawl than PM.

But I also think he is insanely fun in PM and not near as bad as you make him out to be. He's just a whole new character and if you got used to the brawl lucario then he may not be for you.

Booster

Smash Lord
I like how lucario is more in brawl than PM.

But I also think he is insanely fun in PM and not near as bad as you make him out to be. He's just a whole new character and if you got used to the brawl lucario then he may not be for you.
No **** is he not for me, Vanilla Brawl Ganondorf is better then him, he atleast has good damage output, slow, but good

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Then apparently neither do the 20 other people I've asked on twitter about it.
seems pretty likely. Lucario can combo for 20-50% pretty effortlessly any time he connects a move, you just have to actually combo. If all you can do is land stray hits, then yeah, maybe Bowser or Ganondorf are more your speed.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Then apparently neither do the 20 other people I've asked on twitter about it.
Sounds like it. Your johns are irrational and show how little proficiency you have with P:M. This thread would've been fine (poorly written/ articulated/ relayed) if you didn't make insane baseless claims about Lucario as a character. He's an incredible character in Project M, much more even than he was in Brawl. He's a different beast, but overall better, let alone more reasonably designed.

Also, comeback mechanics have been in fighting games for a while. Brawl Lucario's ability is an example of one of the weakest iterations or interpretations of a comeback mechanic, but even in light of that, it is not original or unique.

Olimar is worse in P:M just because of the nature of the game. There were hardly any changes to him mechanically, the game just changed around him. You should realize that before saying the P:M dev team ruined the character.

Toon Link is just straight better in P:M. Better design. Better competitively. Better diversity from the rest of the cast. Saying that he was changed for the worse in any way is farce.

I don't see how newer players don't understand that their poorly written bile post won't be accepted with open arms. If you're opinion is confirmed by twitter, or makes broad statements about members of the roster from a design standpoint, AND does so in an irrational (read: dumb) overly angry way, it probably isn't right firstly, but more importantly won't accomplish anything, or change anyone's opinion.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
seems pretty likely. Lucario can combo for 20-50% pretty effortlessly any time he connects a move, you just have to actually combo. If all you can do is land stray hits, then yeah, maybe Bowser or Ganondorf are more your speed.
The thing is...Smash Bros isn't the type of games where Combos are really an option, Street Fighter is that

Booster

Smash Lord
Jesus christ. Wait, what?
The way I play is with big blows rather then combos which Smash Bros isn't exactly known for. Honestly I'd have a better chance of figuring out those god damn Ultra Combos in Street Fighter 4 then playing Project M Lucario correctly, I've never gotten a kill with him and neither has most of the people I've asked about it on twitter and facebook

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
The thing is...Smash Bros isn't the type of games where Combos are really an option, Street Fighter is that
There are only no combos in smash bros if you're bad at it. Trust me, you are mistaken about this. There are combos in Smash bros. Brawl Lucario had combos too, they just weren't as good as PM Lucario's. It sounds like you're just not very good yet.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
The way I play is with big blows rather then combos which Smash Bros isn't exactly known for.
Smash Bros is definitely known for its extremely creative combos (mostly Melee). There are countless combo-videos out there, even ones of 0-to-deaths.

Unless you exclusively only play Brawl, but even Brawl has its share of small combos.

Booster

Smash Lord
Please note guys the first post is just my opinion on this ****ty ass "Balancing" of Lucario.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
The way I play is with big blows rather then combos which Smash Bros isn't exactly known for. Honestly I'd have a better chance of figuring out those god damn Ultra Combos in Street Fighter 4 then playing Project M Lucario correctly, I've never gotten a kill with him and neither has most of the people I've asked about it on twitter and facebook
You.. can't even execute Ultras in Street Fighter, and you think it's impossible to combo in Smash? I gotta tell ya, it sounds like fighting games just aren't your thing. You probably shouldn't be critiquing the balance of one if you can't play it at even a basic level.

Last edited:

Ultimate Sneeze

Smash Apprentice
I, for one, have already accepted P:M Lucario as my lord and savior.

The only character that I've found to be unsatisfactory is the Ice Climbers, because I'm not going to be bothered to learn the de-synchs. Instead of trying to play every character the way you think they should be played, try experimenting with a different style, and open your mind to the possibility that P:M caters to more play-styles than "Big Blows".

That sounded a little rude, but I mean it genuinely. This game is so versatile and unique, don't ruin it for yourself by getting angry when a character takes some work to be able to use competently.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yea, I really think Bowser is probably more your speed. He's a really easy character for newbies to pick up and do ok, and it sounds like your style is more in line with how Bowser is played with heavy blows and stray hits.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but I just have a hard time understanding this, because Project M by its nature is an extremely combo heavy game. It's honestly to a point where I don't really enjoy playing it that much.

aMSa has a really nasty Lucario, and he does things like THIS.

Bloody Project M. Hahaha. I love what you guys do, though.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I actually love Project M Lucario. I thought they really improved him, and I love his side special in the air.

Zujx

Smash Apprentice
Go back to brawl if your going to have a terrible attitude like this
You clearly don't understand Project M at all or how the game works.

None of your arguments made any sense to any P:M/Melee players

Booster

Smash Lord
I actually love Project M Lucario. I thought they really improved him, and I love his side special in the air.
Thank you so much for stating your opinion without getting pissy with me, this thread is just my opinion, all I wanted to see are other opinions.

OldManDyl (OMD)

Smash Cadet
Thank you so much for stating your opinion without getting pissy with me, this thread is just my opinion, all I wanted to see are other opinions.
Sorry for all the hostility. We're just quick to defend (in my opinion) one of the most technical and stylish characters on the roster. He's a tough character to pick up without devoting a lot of time to him.

Booster

Smash Lord
Sorry for all the hostility. We're just quick to defend (in my opinion) one of the most technical and stylish characters on the roster. He's a tough character to pick up without devoting a lot of time to him.
It's alright, I never meant to make anybody upset, just like you guys (Probably) didn't intend to make me upset :)

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Note: This isn't my opinion, it's a god damn fact
It's alright, I never meant to make anybody upset, just like you guys (Probably) didn't intend to make me upset :)
I think you need to figure out where you stand before posting about where you stand :happysheep:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Note: This isn't my opinion, it's a god damn fact, I asked all my friends what they thought of Project M Lucario, they hate it too, I even had to teach them about the secret moves and they STILL hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom