• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it legal to use MLG-clips in combo-videos?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I'm just wondering if it is legal to use MLG-clips in combo-videos.

I'm going to make a best of vid, but players like Korean DJ are only on MLG vids.
I've heard something like "it is legal, as long as it's just CLIPS from a match".
But I wanna be sure about that =/

Nigzel

Smash Ace
I'd bet my two cents on it. You don't steal (Take the whole, or parts of the whole, videos), you don't do it for profit (I assume) and it's a personal project (Once again, I assume).

But to be perfectly sure, ask someone at MLG. =)

T-Rex

Smash Apprentice
I know of a Halo player, Gun Sh0t. In his Montage he uses MLG Commentary and is supposidly being sued, or atleast is in trouble by MLG for using thier commetary during his video. So it might be the same for Video footage, since they probally own it since they recorded it and all that other legal stuff.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nigzel: such guides are free for personal use because the person who made the specified such. MLG owns the copyrights to their videos and they do NOT release their copyright if the video is used for personal/non-profit/whatever use. Use them at your own risk.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
Nigzel: such guides are free for personal use because the person who made the specified such. MLG owns the copyrights to their videos and they do NOT release their copyright if the video is used for personal/non-profit/whatever use. Use them at your own risk.
yes, which once again leads us the this point: Ask them first. -.-

Top Bottom