• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it just me?

ztww

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or is anyone else really disappointed by the online in brawl?

I was really hoping for some options such as stock matches and turning off items. Plus theres a complete lack of being able to communicate to whoever you're playing. And to top it off, no rankings. I don't know about you guys, but Nintendo needs to learn how to make online games. -.-

ps. I tried using the search thinger, but it doesn't work. My bad if this was posted before.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Is it just me or is anyone else really disappointed by the online in brawl?

I was really hoping for some options such as stock matches and turning off items. Plus theres a complete lack of being able to communicate to whoever you're playing. And to top it off, no rankings. I don't know about you guys, but Nintendo needs to learn how to make online games. -.-

ps. I tried using the search thinger, but it doesn't work. My bad if this was posted before.
Actually Im very happy with it. It works exactly as I assumed "With Anyone" would. 2 minutes is a good length of time for a match, especially since we'll be playing a multitude of these. If youre looking for customizeable options, play with friends.

Im sure With Anyone has set circumstances because without any way to communicate, noone can agree really.

-Ran

Smash Master
Have the limitations of it been explained in depth in a thread yet? If so, can someone hook me up with a link?

Thanks.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Have the limitations of it been explained in depth in a thread yet? If so, can someone hook me up with a link?

Thanks.
The only limitations in a With Anyone match, is it's always 2 minutes, and all items are on. I actually think thats good.

If youre trying to prove yourself to someone people, play with friends.

If you havent got any friends...uh.... well... I suppose thats what tourneys are for.

illphil

Smash Apprentice
Well I do agree that theres a lack of communication. It would be awesome if there was some way to use mics in the game :)

-Ran

Smash Master
So if you utilize Friend Codes [or whatever they are called... Don't have a Wii yet =p], you are able to configure the matches as usual?

bigblack

Smash Rookie
In matches with friends you will be able to edit how you want the match to play. You know, stock, which level, no items! Haven't you been watching online brawl matches on youtube? Theres plenty of stock matches that are online there! Don't worry, the online is awesome!

bigblack

Smash Rookie
In matches with friends you will be able to edit how you want the match to play. You know, stock, which level, no items! Haven't you been watching online brawl matches on youtube? Theres plenty of stock matches that are online there! Don't worry, the online is awesome!

bigblack

Smash Rookie
In matches with friends you will be able to edit how you want the match to play. You know, stock, which level, no items! Haven't you been watching online brawl matches on youtube? Theres plenty of stock matches that are online there! Don't worry, the online is awesome! And the lack of voice communication isn't that bad. The only people who mainly talk during a smash match are the spectators. Plus with voice communication it might get distracting to the people who want to execute there moves. I don't think you would want to here kids talk **** and scream now do you?

ztww

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. I'm sure I'll get over the fact that I can't turn items off online (excluding playing with my friends). I just wanted to know if anyone felt the same way.

Still, I really would have liked to able able to talk to the other guy. Even an IM thing would have been cool. And not during the match, but after. "Hey you're pretty good, can I add you to my friends list so we can play again?" would have been nice.

Either way, still looking forward to some Brawl action!

Nuvia

Smash Ace
With Friends is where the action is. More options, taunt messages, great practice.

With Anyone is for when you're tired of playing mindless CPUs. It's vastly better for practice. Yeah you can't talk to your opponent in any way, but it's not really meant for that.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
I think you should quit whining and accept the freaking game.
There isn't stuff like this on my site.

ztww

Smash Rookie
Thanks for totally not reading any posts and slamming me to make yourself look cool and promoting your website. You must feel pretty big, huh?

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
If you want things the way you want them, just play with your friends only. I think you can customize the rules the way you want them there.

When you play "With Anyone," you need to accept the fact that the rules are set to how Sakurai and the others wanted them to be, the way that Smash was to be intentionally played— an epic multi-player fight chock full of random events, items, and playing styles. But you're right about the no stock matches. Why is it just time? :O

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
He's not whining, shutup, and don't advertise your site.

Yes, I'm somewhat disappointed by the lack online options but I wasn't expecting much anyways. Lets face it, Nintendo's online has pretty much been a joke.

I will still play Brawl online and enjoy it, but it could have been better.

Top Bottom