• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it just me or is short hopping much easier?

Zeldaslasher

Smash Rookie
NNID
Prince_of_Dale
is it just me or is short hopping much easier here than in melee and project M?

Raijinken

Smash Master
Seeing as others report it as being harder, and others report it as being the same, I'd say it's not necessarily just you, but it's definitely good that you find them easy to perform.

Pusha

Smash Rookie
As far as i can tell they seem pretty similar to past smash games, although its possible they're a bit easier, i definitely don't think they're harder to perform tho.

PCHU

Smash Lord
They might be, but I typically don't use characters that are able to shorthop with aerials that autocancel upon landing or are don't leave me flopping on the ground for half a year, so it comes off as kinda worthless this time.
To me, at least; seems to work very well for characters like CF, Shulk, and Fox, who were blessed with mechanics that actually suit the flow of the game.

SilkaN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilkaN
I find it easier, but I guess that's because I haven't played Melee for ages.

I still alternate between SSB4-3DS and Melee and I find it much easier to do in SSB4. It's basically effortless to me, imo; whereas in Melee my short hops are more haphazard. That could have something to do with the controller, too.

Last edited:

SmashBear

Smash Cadet
NNID
PotatoMunches
Yeah short hopping is a lot easier because since smash 4 is a lot more slower game than Project M you don't need as much precise button input

TheGreatMetagod

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGreatMetagod
If you main Spacies, I can see why you'd think it's easier. I've also noticed that it seems easier, though I can't really tell the difference when I use Marth.

Top Bottom