• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it him... or is it not? (Team has been entirely rewritten)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Alright guys I decided to make an RMT to see how well Illusion Zoroark and Eccentric Ditto work out together as a duo. So let's begin

Borutorosu (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Grass Knot

Alright, so this guy is the new electric genie this gen. I needed an electric type who's also a flying type, and it was this or Zapdos, the latter being a complete failure. So on the first turn if I can predict properly, I can Taunt and get a free turn. Then I either U-Turn, GK, or Tbolt depending on who I'm fighting.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Eccentric
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Transform

So yeah Ditto is the one of the two morphers I wanted to make my team based on. Ditto comes in on an opponent and he automatically Transforms with his new Eccentric ability this gen, which works EXACTLY like Transform (copies stats, stat boosts, moves, has 5 PP on each, doesn't copy HP, etc.). And the best part about Ditto with a Scarf on is that he can theoretically outspeed every single pokemon in the game it Eccentricizes into successfully that doesn't have a Scarf. When using this Ditto, my battle plan is if a Moleman comes in, let him DD to his heart's content. Then when it's about to stop stat boosting, I'll come in with my Ditto, out speed him, and then use the move that's most effective against him. Afterwards, I can sweep the entire team (or at least sweep anything that's within 5 PP of a move)

Zoroaaku (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Dark Pulse

Alright, so I decided to take off Trickery in favor of Dark Pulse who I noticed hit harder than Trickery ever did. I WOULD try to come up with something else besides Flamethrower, but tbh, my team really needs that fire type support and with Zoroark's speed he hits the Flamethrower most of the time first

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psycho Shock
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute

Alright so Meleotta. This little fairy/pixie/whatever pokemon has a pretty good type coverage. It can come in to a ghost type without fear of being wrecked by it (aka Shandera). I can go into a sub then start Calm Minding to rise up my stats to an optimal level and attempt to sweep the team

Zuruzukin (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Drain Punch
- Crunch

So Derpmon is actually pretty good. Initially I had Blaziken as my fighter on the team, but he ended up not working out too well for me. Since Derpmon is bulky, I can sneak in a Bulk Up or two before I proceed to sweep. If I'm low on health, I can rest and hope that Shed Skin does it's job.

Breloom (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Seed
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Substitute

I originally had put a Breloom with Mach Punch up, but after Circa (?) mentioned a SubPunch Breloom that is fitted to use Bullet Seed and I thought Wynaut? It has actually been much more useful than a Breloom with Mach Punch even though I don't have priority anymore. I can switch in to a pokemon I'm sure that is either slower or won't take me out in one hit, I can Spore the pokemon to sleep (or substitute) and when it's switching out or still staying in game, then I can use Focus Punch that will end up in a OHKO most of the time

Alright, yes, I had a different team and I promised that I'd take another look at it and I made a MUCH BETTER team out of this.

I haven't really found anything that destroys my team or anything tbh.

I HAVE found, however, that Meloetta hasn't really been sharing his/her due on the team. I usually bring it in and when it KOs, it hasn't done anything significant on the team except for maybe getting that one KO every once in a while. I looked through several Psychic types in hopes that I could find and I went with Jirachi. Sadly, Jirachi doesn't really work and gets beat by most things faster than it :/. Tbh, I really don't know what I could put over Meleotta that could work

I've also noticed that Zoroark isn't doing as well as it could be doing, but I really don't know what to do about that

PowerBomb

Smash Master
All MH servers **** with your lead easily. Voltolos gets special mention because he HP Ices you to oblivion. Sableye (depending on the set) can Wisp you or Trick you an Iron Ball. Eruboring Erufuun can Encore your Swords Dance and switch to other stuff.

Balloon Dory in Sand, if it's set up an SD, can totally wreck your team. Ditto can't smack it hard enough while Dory KOs it with EQ if its balloon hasn't popped.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hehe, can you tell me at least which pokemon are the ones that are in Japanese? I still haven't remembered them all

PowerBomb

Smash Master
All right.

The Electric/Flying Genie
Sableye
Cotton Ball
Steel/Ground mole in sand

If Forretress is dead, Lat@s go nuts with Draco Meteor (if they have it).

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Why not Hammer Arm on Roopushin?

Your Zapdos is ****ed up. Volt Change | Thunder(bolt) | HP Ice | Extrasensory / Signal Beam.

Replace Forretress with either Tentacruel or Nattorei. I'd choose Nattorei because you don't actually need Rapid Spin support.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Baton Pass with what? It doesn't even have a stat boosting move besides having Lightning Rod which is too situational to have Baton Pass imo

EDIT:

You know, I think I might just run a different set for Zapdos instead. Having a Choice Scarf Zapdos is certainly no good when you gotta trade off Heatwave for Lightning Rod

EDIT2:

Or replace Zapdos entirely because the moveset is giving me way too much trouble

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Can a mod please come in and close this thread? This team is pure trash and I want to look at my team a bit longer until I come here and post this RMT.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Don't worry, I'm a doctor.
Alright guys I decided to make an RMT to see how well Illusion Zoroark and Eccentric Ditto work out together as a duo. So let's begin

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

My lead Garchomp. At the beginning of the match it is so good at getting an SD in that when I Outrage, it ends up sweeping 2-3 pokemon before it faints from confusion and Life Orb usage

Use a different item, like lum berry to give you extra turns of outrage for sweeping or to stop incoming burns from negating your dance. Also, Please, please, please save this guy for last! It's freaking Garchomp!

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Eccentric
- Transform
So yeah... what Eccentric does is that instead of having to Transform Ditto, it automatically transforms on the switch in which is what makes Ditto so useful this gen. The only hitch that Transform has over Eccentric is that the HP stat doesn't get copied when transformed, but I believe that that really doesn't matter as much as that now I don't have to waste a turn Transforming.
Hell, you can even use this for your lead if you're feeling gutsy.

Zoroaaku (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Trickery

So yeah Zoroark. I'm still not sure how exactly Illusion works except for the fact that it turns into Forretress on switch so the fact that I can fool my opponents into switching something that'll try to take out "Forry" works to my advantage since I can fool them. Normally I get the KO over them before they notice that my "Forry" is actually a Zoroark and switch again.
Zoroark needs a Naive or Hasty Nature. Trickery will rarely work in your favor and has the same type coverage as Shadow Ball. Use Dark Pulse (80/100 20% flinch) or Night Burst (85/95 ?% lower foes acc) instead. In your last moveslot, run something like sub, Focus Blast, or Toxic. Sub and Toxic are nice because almost every Pokemon learns those moves and thus it will make it less likely for your opponent to suspect that you actually have a Zoroark in play. Sub has added use because it blocks status, something that may give away Zoroark's identity later in the game, especially if it illusions into a poisoned Forretress. Cut the Choice Scarf and use Expert Belt or similar item that doesn't give away what you're really holding while boosting your power. If you really need the speed, throw Sucker Punch somewhere on the set. Adjust your Atk EVs if you'd like to get KOs on Shandera or the ghost Jelly.

Roobushin (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Encourage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Payback
- Mach Punch

So I heard that Rooby was a good sweeper so I decided to try him out. It's pretty much the standard. Either Mach Punch if I know my opponent is faster than me, or Superpower and then switch out because of me being locked into the move. I could also either pray for Stone Edge to hit or I could use Payback. Either or I guess :/
Use Breloom in this guy's place. Breloom will lure Shandera and Zoroark can take advantage of that with Illusion.
Technician @ Item
Adamant: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
- Mach Punch - Stone Edge
- Bullet Seed - Spore

Zapdos @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Volt Change
- Thunderbolt
- Drill Peck
- Hidden Power [Dark]

So I noticed that Ditto and Zoroark are both weak to fighting types, so I guessed it was a good idea to put in a flying type. And who else is better for that role than a new and improved Zapdos with great type coverage and Lightning Rod? The bad thing about Zapdos is that it seems that Stealth Rocks absolutely wrecks the **** out of Zapdos. Besides that I can switch in and do whatever I need to do with it and... yeah...
You don't really have any electric bait. So I recommend you to some sort of Dragon, perhaps Salamence or Dragonite instead. Dragons tend to lure steels to take incoming Draco Meteors which, again, Zoroark can use to his advantage by Flamethrowering them with slightly higher SpA than normal. Make sure your dragon's roles are different from your Garchomps, maybe you could use a scarf chomp instead.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Change

So since I have Zapdos and I noted that it has a weakness to SR, I decided to put Forretress in as a Rapid Spinner. That way Zappy can come in and not be totally wrecked by the rocks... that's pretty much it as to the function of Forry :/
Forretress doesn't appear to do much for your team other than spin. Try Starmie instead, it has Natural Cure so your team has at least 1 status absorber and can potentially last longer than Forretress with Recover. *yawwn* I'm sure there's also some synergy Starmie has with the rest of your team. I'd love to contemplate more but it's 1:20 a.m. as I am writing this.
Ok so yeah. That's my team. I've noticed a couple of weaknesses though. Mainly pokemon that can Sub and use a stat raising move. My team can get walled hard by tehm and get wrecked. Actually, it's just mainly a pokemon that has a status raising move in general
Ditto can't beat a sub, but sure as hell destroys non-healing stat boosters. Did you know transform/eccentric copies stat boosts? You'd better keep that pink goo alive!
I've also noticed that two of my pokemon don't really serve much use in my team and that'd be Rooby and Forry. Forry can Rapid Spin sure, but he ends up not being able to get at least one kill in making my life harder. Rooby is for some reason too slow and weak to get an attack in a lot of the time. And when I use Mach Punch, it doesn't end up OHKOing the pokemon I want to be KOed and it ends up being a mess
Fixed. Starmie for added beat power and plethora of support options. The variant is up to you to decide, I already made most of your Breloom. Technician Mach Punch makes Scizor feel not as special anymore. Plus, Breloom is faster, so it'll get off the first priority move vs. Scizor. Spore also makes your life much easier. Just make sure Breloom is in the last slot of your party for Zoroark so you can scout for Shandera.
The rest of my team has worked out pretty well though. I'm just not really sure what to give Zapdos over Drill Peck though. Since it has Lightning Rod which is a gen V Dream World ability, it's not able to learn Heatwave which is a tutor move of gen IV and Drill Peck sucks. The only reason why I actually put it was to give it stab or something
If you insist on keeping Lightningrod for whatever reason, I'd use Roost, bolt, hp Ice, thunder wave.

I hope this helps making your team easier to adjust to your needs.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hehe sorry about that, but by the time you gave me advice I overhauled my team

Any comment on this new and improved team would greatly be appreciated

0RLY

I think Shiny Zoroark will Illusion into Shiny whatever is on your team. That might give away what Pokemon it is. Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse hit exactly the same types of Pokemon for super effective, for the love of god, replace it with a Fighting move or Sub or Toxic. I also highly discourage the use of Choice Scarf since you should generally try to force switches when Zoroark comes in. To take advantage of Zoroark's Illusion, make sure you have several Pokemon that lure ghost/dark attackers and appreciates their demise. Or at least, lure Pokemon that are weak to Zoroark's attacks. Also, try to keep Zoroark the only Dark type on your team. So Zuruzukin needs to go. Meloetta needs to be an actual psychic type so she lures ghosts properly. I'd recommend Alakazam, but he's kinda frail and is a little too similar to Zoroark. Jaroda may work too, since he tends to lure steels and bugs.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Borutorosu: Standard.

Ditto: Standard.

Zoroark: Replace Shadow Ball with Focus Blast or Sucker Punch (Or even Calm Mind FFS) immediately. Shadow Ball is a piece of crap when you have STAB Dark Pulse, literally ANYTHING would be better.

Meloetta: Alright I guess, nothing else comes to mind, but I'm not exactly sure what it's doing for you, seeing as Zoroark already smashes Shandera pretty bad, provided it's not behind a Sub.

Zuruzukin: Good.

Breloom: +1 rep for using one of my three favorite Pokemon. Good.

I should really get into Gen V, too bad I'm so lazy...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I think Shiny Zoroark will Illusion into Shiny whatever is on your team. That might give away what Pokemon it is. Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse hit exactly the same types of Pokemon for super effective, for the love of god, replace it with a Fighting move or Sub or Toxic. I also highly discourage the use of Choice Scarf since you should generally try to force switches when Zoroark comes in. To take advantage of Zoroark's Illusion, make sure you have several Pokemon that lure ghost/dark attackers and appreciates their demise. Or at least, lure Pokemon that are weak to Zoroark's attacks. Also, try to keep Zoroark the only Dark type on your team. So Zuruzukin needs to go. Meloetta needs to be an actual psychic type so she lures ghosts properly. I'd recommend Alakazam, but he's kinda frail and is a little too similar to Zoroark. Jaroda may work too, since he tends to lure steels and bugs.
Replace CS with what on Zoroark then?

And I dunno, I think people fall for the bait pretty easily with Meleotta since half of them never take into account that Meleotta is part normal type

0RLY

Did you even so much as look at the comments i made on your first team? Reread the one on zoroark again. Never assume your opponent is stupid. Heatran should work well over zuru or melo. Pairs nicely with breloom and baits burungeru, the ghost jellyfish.

Top Bottom