• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Ike as bad a character as people say he is?

IN MELEE!

Maybe not in Brawl. Remember guys, its a different game.

Now that is a completely false statement. Just because it's a different game doesn't mean that it won't play based of the primary engine. Seriously, why do people use this argument as a scapegoat for common logic. Unless the game goes through a complete gameplay overhaul, there is no way that such tecniques will be limited or rendered useless.

Seriously, go to tournaments before you make assumptions.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Now that is a completely false statement. Just because it's a different game doesn't mean that it won't play based of the primary engine. Seriously, why do people use this argument as a scapegoat for common logic. Unless the game goes through a complete gameplay overhaul, there is no way that such tecniques will be limited or rendered useless.

Seriously, go to tournaments before you make assumptions.
It is based of the primary engine, Its just that they fixed a few things and changed things up. No more wavedashing, everyone is floatier, etc. But to be able to play the game as competitive as Melee, we need to break Brawl as well. That is everyones goal now.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
dashdancing < wd'ing
I don't believe this at all really. Dash dancing is highly underrated and underused, but it is insanely effective, moreso than wavedashing, because you have more control over your movement and because you can be dash dancing a large portion of a match. Wave dashing is ****ing awesome, but I still think that overall, dash dancing can improve your game more.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe this at all really. Dash dancing is highly underrated and underused, but it is insanely effective, moreso than wavedashing, because you have more control over your movement and because you can be dash dancing a large portion of a match. Wave dashing is ****ing awesome, but I still think that overall, dash dancing can improve your game more.
Totally agree with that. When you dash dance and can extend and shrink the length of the dance.. your opponent has no idea where you are going or what you are going to do. I know i should DD more.. but just never remember... and when i do.. it is magic of the utmost kind.

Just Saying.. DD is amazing... when you remember to use it.

ShuffleTrain

Smash Journeyman
In real life, dash dancing is harder.

I can wavedash. All I have to do is slide on a wet tarp.

I haven't figured out how to change the positions of my front part of my body with the back part of my body in a fraction of a second, whislt running, without camera tricks...

soren 345

Smash Rookie
If Ike's speed doesn't change, people will have to do a lot of training with him to even stand a chance against other players. They'd have to choose attacks carefully and make sure they weren't hasty with getting the match over with. As long as Ike could wait for the right moment to strike, he could probably do a considerable amount of damage. I realize, however, that this is easier said than done.
This will create more diversity between characters, to bring more challenging matchups possibly such ase Ike vs Sonic.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
you sir get a cookie, i agree with you 145378349%, DD > WD by far... you can get by in smash without using a wd but the dd is essential, and yes i will be flamed heavily for this but that doesn't make it any less true. Not that im saying its not useful, to make myself clear, but if you had to choose only one, wd usefulness is no where near the dd

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
This will create more diversity between characters, to bring more challenging matchups possibly such ase Ike vs Sonic.
Pretty sure Ike (me) vs. Sonic (my friend) will be one of the first match ups we do.. and will begin with me getting beat up a lot. But i can't help it... i want to play Ike.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure Ike (me) vs. Sonic (my friend) will be one of the first match ups we do.. and will begin with me getting beat up a lot. But i can't help it... i want to play Ike.
Yeah, I'll probably do the same with some of my friends...

And I'll probably get beat up just as bad :laugh:

Banned via Administration
i think wd is more important becasue of spacing and platform movement.

Top Bottom