• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Giga bowser Invincible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaKnightRules5

Smash Cadet
Whats up with Giga Bowser? Is he invincible? If anyone could post a link for me of a giga bowser match i would appricate that.

Magic

Smash Apprentice
He can take damage, but receives no knockback. I wonder if he'll take knockback at very high percentages though?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Doubtful, he's completely knock back resistant. He takes damage probably because unless your opponent can hide off the stage or it's a huge stage, he practically guarantees you a kill.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, he takes damage, but little else can stop him. Due to the size of most of the revealed stages, it's kind of broken how unstoppable he is <_<

However, I wonder how items work on him. Can he be frozen/Pitfall'd?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
people Giga Bowser WILL BE invincible this is stated and quoted by the exact words of Sakurai as follows:

Sakurai said:
He’s huge! And tough! "What, you think just because he’s huge, you can needle him with lots of little attacks and keep him off balance? Heh heh... Yeah, you keep thinking that."
Sakurai said:
"He must be invincible!

You can only be Giga Bowser for a short time, though, so you’d better take your enemies out while you can. Bear in mind, too, that while escaping from Giga Bowser, fighters might decide it’s a good strategy to pick off the stragglers in his wake..."
btw: here's the link to him on the DOJO

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/bowser.html

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I wonder if the same goes for Final Smashes vs Giga Bowster (Can he withstand a Mario Finale, I wonder)... though FS' are probably too infrequent for the two to happen at the same time...

I also wonder, if Stamina mode is coming back, if he can thus die in Stamina mode from damage taken (while not getting knockback)...

MetaKnightRules5

Smash Cadet
Yes there is a stamina mode but he is just so massive he probably won't flinch even from the mario finale. I wonder if he died woud he still be giga bowser like if he fell off the edge?

MagnuM

Smash Ace
What if there is another Event 51 where you have to eliminate an unflinchable Giga Bowser? JiggyPuff's rest would do nothing! Actually no character could beat an invincible Giga Bowser!

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
What if there is another Event 51 where you have to eliminate an unflinchable Giga Bowser? JiggyPuff's rest would do nothing! Actually no character could beat an invincible Giga Bowser!
Actually if the AI is as stupid as in melee, it's likely that he'll just run off of the edge to his death... repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom