• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Ganondorf really that bad?

Shuma

Smash Hero
I've only seen 50 seconds of the video and Falco is already kicking his ***, although the Ganondorf player doesn't seem very good either.

flashfox

Smash Cadet
Ironically, compared to the other videos, he's been one of the better ganon players...

Ganon has seen considerable nerfs and now is laggier, but maybe some people (including me) overexaggerated the amount of nerfing he got.

triforceswordmaster

Smash Apprentice
its one of the better ganon vids i've seen. i'm pleased that he retained his power from melee, and although at first i thought "f**k hes a clone," the changes are enough and i still might play as him quite a bit.

EdSam

Smash Cadet
Actually, the Ganon player seemed pretty decent.
Roll/tech-chasing with side-B seems good, does anyone know if his side-B counts as a grab?
And wow, the lag on Ganon's fair is monstrous...

Danon

Smash Apprentice
If this Ganondorf was in Melee, yeah he'd be really bad.

But this isn't Melee.

This is Brawl.

That's why I'm so annoyed by the Melee "pros" who think that Ganon is useless now.

We have no idea how good/bad he is.

This a completely different engine; all the knowledge and technical skill that the pros have worked for doesn't mean diddly for this game. The Framerate differences that someone posted on another thread means nothing because Brawl runs at a different Framrate. And even if it didn't, this engine would most likely compensate for his lag in some way.

Although...I am pissed that his sword is just a bloody taunt.

Danon

Smash Apprentice
P.S. Notice how the side b has LESS lag. He doesn't fall on his face anymore if he misses. That's a BUFF.

After seeing this...I actually think Ganondorf is better.

He just had a bad guy playing him.

triforceswordmaster

Smash Apprentice
i have to agree with Danon. i am seeing a lot of complaining about ganon's lag. he was always a slow character, he just seems slower cause its a new game. he'll still be the juggernant he always was to the skilled players.

Deception

Smash Ace
I actually think Ganon is slightly better. Some of his moves have less end lag, such as all his specials except down-b in the air, and his dash attack. His jab is slower, but in some vids he can do repeatedly at a good pace, and it still has large stun.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
After seeing those videos of Ganondorf versus Pikachu and Falco I have hope that he's going to be good. The >b and dair combo looked pretty devastating. Also that costume he was wearing in the Pikachu video was sweet, I liked the white hair.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Can you please elaborate?

Edit: looks like he won't elaborate on Marth either... c'mon man, you're telling us you've played, and that's cool, but could at least elaborate on your experience? Because "Marth's broken" and "Ganon sux" isn't very precise.

Or are you too busy playing to tell us any more? :p

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
Y he sucks? ok...........the ONLY good move he has is his forward b. I DONT NEED TO SAY ANYTHING PAST THAT. BUt if you insist.......

Every1 who used him 2day felt like it was a waste of a turn.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Y he sucks? ok...........the ONLY good move he has is his forward b. I DONT NEED TO SAY ANYTHING PAST THAT. BUt if you insist.......
... Yes, I'm afraid you do. :bee:
So, his Side B is his only decent attack. What's wrong with the others? Is he too slow to use well at all? Is his attack power nerfed to hell?
It'd be nice to actually have an impressions post or thread on him from you -- "He sucks" isn't all that usefull to us right now.

Oh, nevermind. There's an impressions thread anyway... :(

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
i dont understand
you want to prove to us that ganondorf is decent, or good
yet you show us a video of him sucking
explain.

Blackadder

Smash Master
theres a vid of him getting owned by toon link, in the ganon forums. go watch it. and his power is nerfed can see that in the vid.
To be fair, that was a low level CPU Ganon against a human Toon Link player.
It's hardly the best video when it comes to Ganon in Brawl...

Blackadder

Smash Master

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
LOL actually i never played with him, this is a combined opinion from about 30-40 ppl at a socal tourny
2day, 7 of which played the game extensively for 3 days straight (and are also some of californias best players). I used ike the entire day who doesnt suckass mind you.

So viel stfu lol play the game 1st then come back to me.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
I've been watching people who have been playing, people that don't suck, and I've been linking videos of them in a few threads. At the very *least* he deserves to be in the roster and has alot of potential. Talking like you're ten feet tall is a really bad habit and doesn't get respect, I'm going to value your opinion even less if you keep doing it like you have this whole thread, that's why I think you're wrong in the first place.

J18

Smash Journeyman
i think he looks decent, people just get bad impressions from certain videos.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
Indeed, I've seen him be astoundingly effective compared to how he was in melee. He has some new options in recovery now too, since he can still jump/up+b after his side+b it seems. That and all characters can edge grab while facing away, so concave stage edges aren't a death sentence for him anymore.

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
I`m sure alot of people disappointed with ganon are trying to play him like a melee ganon or are comparing to the melee ganons style . Hes way way different from melee ganon imo, so why play him like a melee ganon. This new ganondorf needs a new style of play to make him effective.
Ganon in brawl sucks if you base your gameplay style to melee ganon, just like a sucky roy player that plays a roy like a D-airing marth. instead of having a good ground game like roy should.

Since we havn`t figured out a new way to play yet with ganon. it feels like alot of people are panicing. but common guys, the games barely been out. Give it time, i`m sure we`ll find a way to use him. sure he may keep one or two tricks but overall, its time to think outside of the box

Top Bottom