• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Gamestop this unreliable or should I actually be worried?

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
I called Gamestop just now to make sure I had Brawl on reserve, the employee assured me that I did have Brawl reserved and I asked, " And when will SSBB be available? " ... " March 15th ". I said thanks, hung up, and called my friend who also had Brawl reserved but reserved it at a different Gamestop, he called his Gamestop and got the same response, March 15th. So, are the Gamestops all like this? (stupid, unreliable) or is there actually the possibility of a THIRD delay? Even if it's only a week, this delay stuff has gotten old months ago.

Also, even if the employess said March 15 for me and my friends particular Gamestops, is there a chance they will actually sell them on the 9th, like they should?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Its possible. Gamestop threw info on a delay before we got it last time.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Heh, I wouldn't trust retailers with too much, and if it's delayed, it's only by a week, and it's not that close atm so it shoudn't be too bad. I reckon there won't be another delay though.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Not that it really makes a lick of difference, but my Gamestop said it would be in store on the 9th like it's supposed to. If yours really says the 15th, it's a store specific thing

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
No, you just got unlucky with your calls. It's March 9th. Hell, we get them in the store on the 6th.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
just got back from gamestop and the dude there said he "had no idea" about a brawl demo.

then again, he said that for every other question i asked him, so take it with a grain of salt

how is it that you can have gamestop employees who have no idea about video games? it doesnt make sense to me. the least he could know is when stuff comes in his store, but he doesnt even know that. its like going to a mechanic who doesnt know anything about cars. FRUSTRATING

Allin

Smash Journeyman
It could be the fact that the Gamestop has so many preoders before yours that they cannot get you yourz before the 15th, or its could be at a bad location which in term means getting game later.

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't take too much out of these dates unless they're being repeated all over. I asked at Wal-Mart the other day, and they told me February 5th. XDD

I'm certain the guy was just misinformed, but I'll probably go there on that date, anyway . . . Just to be sure. >_>

S2

Smash Lord
Wouldn't worry too much about it man.

GS is going to get it shipped at the same time as every other retailer. Even if it does come late, you can always just buy it at another store and cancel the preorder.

okiyama

Smash Ace
yeah there is definatley no delay
Well I mean that's what we said before so we'll just see.

I'll call my Gamestop tommorow and ask them about the demo/new possible delay. But this one seems a little more unlikely, another delay and escpecially after the game has been done for a while would cause an uproar.

AnusNinja

Smash Cadet
The game isn't getting delayed again. Sorry, but those who are calling Gamestop and getting these wrong dates are just unlucky. More than likely, you're talking to people who are busy or not interested in Smash (is this possible omg?!).

But yes, it happens sadly, some Gamestops hire people who just... well, shouldn't be hired. It's a sad fact, and it eventually adds to the hate Gamestop receives. But, whatever.

Brawl is coming out March 9th. Gamestops get them in 3 days early. Demos anywhere from next week to right before the release.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
I work at Gamestop and it is streetdated for March 9th. That means that we will get copies a couple days before, but can not sell them until the 9th. This should apply to all GS stores nationwide.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
I wouldn't mind a one more week delay, I am in an after school activity and our reginals are on the 14-16th, so I woun't have anytime to Brawl those days, which stinks because the 16th is the first saturday after Brawl's release...

I wounld not worry too much about another delay though

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
People, it wont get delayed again. The Feb 10th delay actually came as no surprise (a disapointment, but no surprise) to me, because I somewhat expected a need for more copies of the game.

They set this date. This is the final date. Getting worked up over something an uninformed gamestop clerk pulled from nowhere is not good.

People, if theres no delay before the game comes out in Japan on the 31st, there will be no more delays. The game is coming in 42 days. Dont worry.

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
Assuming that Brawl will be street-dated, most stores will actually get their copies in on the 5th-7th. That's when the Nintendo police basically go on full-alert and make sure absolutely nobody sells it before then, but of course, with every big game release, some moron at Toys'R'Us is going to sell them early and get fired over it.

I work at a GameCrazy, and our computers say that Grand Theft Auto IV will be coming out October 22nd, 2007 (no typo). Your GayStop representatives are probably just reading off what their computer is telling them, so I wouldn't be worried too much.

Tomanator33

Smash Apprentice
I work at gamestop and as of 5pm pacific there was no delay, But i did find out 2 days early last time it was delayed.

S2

Smash Lord
Assuming that Brawl will be street-dated, most stores will actually get their copies in on the 5th-7th. That's when the Nintendo police basically go on full-alert and make sure absolutely nobody sells it before then, but of course, with every big game release, some moron at Toys'R'Us is going to sell them early and get fired over it.

I work at a GameCrazy, and our computers say that Grand Theft Auto IV will be coming out October 22nd, 2007 (no typo). Your GayStop representatives are probably just reading off what their computer is telling them, so I wouldn't be worried too much.
I'd forgotten that it was street dated.

I look forward to and hope that some stupid store (like the Kmart across the street) is stupid enough to sell my the game early.

That would rock.

As for Gamestop... I've preordered games there for over a decade. Not once have I been dissapointed in their preordering service.

Now their "new" games that have been opened and played already... I disagree with that. At least if you preorder it comes factory sealed.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Any ideas when it will come out in australia?
When it comes out in Europe, just get a copy shipped over from Ebay/any other online UK reailer or something, at least thats what i intend to do, since no doubt Australia will be the last to get the game.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Gamestops have what they call "Street Dates." When I was a manager there we also got daily update emails on changing situations. (It was similar to waiting on the Dojo every day for me about the time the Wii was coming out.)

Anyways, if they still have the street date in their books as the 9th, you were talking to stupid dudes, otherwise, they know something we don't.

Stick with the Dojo, it's your best bet. They better have been wrong >,<

EDIT: I didn't realize others had mentioned the street-date.

Also, titles that have street dates on Sundays, always always always came the Tuesday before-hand. Always. (March 4th in Brawl's case.)

Brawler Lime

Smash Cadet
When it comes out in Europe, just get a copy shipped over from Ebay/any other online UK reailer or something, at least thats what i intend to do, since no doubt Australia will be the last to get the game.
Wii is reigon free apparently, according to my friend.
Oh, and oz got the ds lite before the us, so you never know.
Thanks for the tip though.

Top Bottom