• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is fox's dthrow tech conditional?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
I think there is SOME factor in a falco dthrow on fox that makes it techable. You wanna know why?

I was playing my friend about a week ago, fox vs falco, and he teched my dthrow TWO TIMES. I KNOW it was a tech, because he rolled across half the level. I believe they were both on Fountain of Dreams on the water part, but I think one of them MAY have been on battlefield.

Anyways, we were playing NTSC USA 1.2 on my Wii. So no "it may have been PAL" because it wasn't, i took the disc out and made sure it was 1.2 NTSC. So yeah

So has anyone else had this happen to them, or is this known knowledge that for some reason i had no idea about?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i think he actually had low or medium percent. and like i said it was the bottom flat part. maybe there IS some sort of weird traction on FoD that allowed this to happen

kobefox2485

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alfredo24pr
always tech the down throw to roll away because he could quickly hit you with a down smash. u gotta practice that basic stuff. teching is almost everything in a match
To tech a fox or falco down throw i usually press and the hit the sidei want to go to twice, because thats how i time it, but with hitting to the side u want in a certain moment you could tech easily, and thats a good comob escape.

its falcos lasers that hold you at little percentages btw

terr13

Smash Journeyman
rofl at kobechild trying to be smart. I can't think of anything that would make fox tech it at low-mid percentages in the middle of Battlefield. Maybe he crouch-cancelled and then rolled out?

technomancer

Smash Champion
Did he do the normal backflip animation? If not, the it's probably the c-stick buffer rolls.

Ed: what the hell is a water tech?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Someone explain water tech to me? it soudns pretty obvious, but I just want to know exactly what you're talkig ng about since i haven't heard about it anywhere

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Since you're not sure that it was on battlefield, we can only go by what's known, which is you say it happened on FoD. Now, since the platforms rise and fall there, you may have grabbed him while on a platform when it was very low. When you did the whole jumpthrow animation thing, he probably DI'd it to the side, you threw him "off" the platform (2cm or not, you throw him off it), and he teched.

You say you cannot fully remember if one was on battlefield, so it is also possible th at you cannot fully remember if you were on a low platform or not.

Just maybe.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I pulled the water tech out of my ***....I don't know if the other two people pulled it out from there as well or if they got it from somewhere else.

Top Bottom