• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Fair of Bair better for edgeguarding/WOP?

I'm trying to make DDD my secondary behind MK and I've made amazing progress in just one day. I've perfected his CG, learned how to space with F and Dtilt, Use the Dsmash to get KOs because it comes out at a decent speed. But one thing I'm really wondering is, after I finish a CG at the end of a stage, Which aerial should I use to WOP my opponent?

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
Bair is easier, and has much higher priority. In my opinion, there's basically no reason to Fair unless it would kill them outright.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
im happy someone asked.
IMO
bAir=edgeguarding BELOW the edge: enemy is recovering vertically(lower hitbox)
fAir=edgeguarding ABOVE the edge: enemy is recovering horizontally(higher hitbox)
it all depends, you really cant say which to use.

bAir gets them off the stage, fAir kills them once theyre off it, especially in high %s.
both of them are great moves, one isnt better than the other.

edit: after a CG at the end of the stage? drop off and followup with a fAir, it will automatically gimp many characters

FlashGearz

Smash Apprentice
A mix of the two is usually the best. Back air=>jumps=>Fairs hits them far enough that they can't recover or they just dies out right. Forward air is a good single hit thing. back air is the Better WoP thing

acv

Smash Journeyman
imo bair comes out faster and is easier to hit with

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i follow and time my bairs just right and its knock back is soo good that it kills at 110. if they live follow it up when they get back. u got 5 jumps D3 has awsome off stage game here

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
well in terms of an aerial attack AFTER the chain grab...it is very easy to CG your opponent to the end of the stage...get that final down throw in...then immediately chase them off the stage into a fair

thats one of the ways i finish my CG

but for WOP you could use either bair or fair...both are very good and have advantages against the other

i personally like bair for WOP

but ive seen ddd players who can use fair effectively also...

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
im happy someone asked.
IMO
bAir=edgeguarding BELOW the edge: enemy is recovering vertically(lower hitbox)
fAir=edgeguarding ABOVE the edge: enemy is recovering horizontally(higher hitbox)
it all depends, you really cant say which to use.

bAir gets them off the stage, fAir kills them once theyre off it, especially in high %s.
both of them are great moves, one isnt better than the other.

edit: after a CG at the end of the stage? drop off and followup with a fAir, it will automatically gimp many characters
Pretty much he got it down,
Enemys coming below is easier to edgeguard with his Bair, especially if you FF it.
And his Fair is great foranyone above you because it has a good amount of priority straight all the way above him (think of a 90 degree angle)
Oh and yea if you finish ur chaingrab near the edge and let them fall u can gymp them with a Fair
Works alot and if you miss well u still got like 5 other jumps plus your amazing recovery.
I dont play DDD but my friend does and hes the best DDD so far within the Palmdale area.

thesultan2112

Smash Apprentice
fair does take a lil more timig, i perfer bair because it is quicker but if i have proper spacing, and am above the oppoent, i usualy will fair

whisperingtears

Smash Apprentice
Fair is harder to hit with but hits farther, while biar is a sex kixk and easier to aim. So i would learn bair first, then try to master fair.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
believe it or not you can follow them out with a fair, then turn around... and *gasp* use bair!

either way doesn't matter both are rediculously effective and work in about any situation, especially if you have good di

Pengy

Smash Rookie
I usually only use Fair, i only use Dair for short hops while im still on the stage and Up air, above the stage but not off the edge, and even then i usually just stay a ways away and <- B them till they land and the slaughter continues, i pretty much only use Fair for edge guarding but thats just me. Then there's the always priceless waddledee throw when an ike trys to over b to grab the edge and they fall to their death. long story short, Fair>all

Top Bottom