• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Diddy Kong underrated?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Diddy is probably not that popular because he's a sidekick. People would prefer choosing the heroes or villains than the sidekicks... Maybe thats why people use the more popular "starring characters" and the "arch nemesis", rather than other secondary characters. Diddy is a sidekick, and doesn't appear in many DK games. DK is the starring character in DK games, so people would feel compelled to play as him rather than someone who barely appears, or who doesn't leave a lasting mark on the player (unlike Sheik, for example).

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
dude i totally own with Diddy Kong thats why I am the Diddy Kong masta
AMEN TO THAT!!! lol, but yeah, even if diddy is underrated i would like it that way, i'd rather play an underrated character...I main Pit and i think he is a mid-rated character. And speaking of Ike, there are WAY TOO MANY Ike players...he'll end up being a high tier character for sure...but i don't like him much...

denizen

Smash Apprentice
i know i'm the only diddy main in my group of friends...although a couple of them tried to main diddy and absolutely hated it. i guess it just boils down to what playstyle you prefer...i love mindgames.

minimajicz

Smash Rookie
YES...there was a guy that said ill in the bad way when i told him i main diddy kong...............i like that he is underated gives u a anvatage if u play a person that never played diddy kong

fkacyan

Smash Hero
My FAVORITE people to fight are those who aren't used to fighting bananas! It makes the battle so much fun! :D
On the off chance that they know what they're doing, though, you have to be careful so that your own bananas aren't used against you.

I'd have to say that's a pretty big weakness.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
How the heck is someone going to use my bananas against me if they've never fought a Diddy before...? Unless they are an exceptionally skilled player, I think I will be better with my bananas than they will. By a lot. Especially if they have never fought with bananas before. :p

In general though, if you are letting your bananas continually be used against you, you have failed with Diddy, and your match is forfeit. If bananas aren't working, try something else. Then whip out a banana when they least expect it! Mind Games people, come on! This is Diddy's key to victory!

Psyche131

Smash Rookie
Out of the group of friends i play with (there are about 15 of us) i am the only diddy main, and i really didnt mean to be. I was just messing around with his bananas, and then i beat the kid who was the best in our group at the time. Now i main diddy, and i love his bananas, and im still the best out of my friends. Even in the few tourneys ive been in, there was only ever one other diddy, and he wasnt even maining him, he was messing around. All in all, diddy is definatly an excellent character, maybe not top tier, but hes excellent. Its only fuel to the fire that hes so unused, means no one nows how to counter him, and you wont be just another diddy player.

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't Diddy all hyped up before, people were calling him a newb character?
Like random groups of people claimed he's so easy to get kills with.
Then one day I stopped hearing about him. Very odd.

Diddy2k8

Smash Cadet
I think diddy is underrated to the masses but smash players knows how good of a char diddy really is. I am the only diddy player in my area.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I actually enjoy being one of the few (compared to how many there are with other characters) diddy mainers, because a lot of times people won't know how to handle good diddys.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
im serious, there are a lot of Ike Players!
For good reason! Ike kicks ***!

He is also the most badass character on the roster. Sorry, but I have to be honest with myself. Anyone who uses a FREAKING GREATSWORD is full of win. ;)

I suck at him though. :p

Sao

Smash Cadet
no diddys in az aside from you and me i guess kosuke =o At the ucla tourney this weekend out of 200 people in the singles tournament i was the only one there playing diddy kong, I saw one guy messing around with him in free play but that was about it. All i see is dedede, wario, marth, snakes, and metaknights. with a few robs as well.

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
Underrated, or underused? Underrated, no, Diddy is the talk of alot've the character boards. (Lotsa topics concering the match-up) He isn't the most used. I like him though.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
I got to a local gamestop and there is always this one diddy guy that pisses the **** out of me. His bananas and **** is crazy.

Ive opnly seen one diddy so far in my area and he is very good.

xReDEMx

Smash Apprentice
im the only one in my area, intell i ***** the BAJEEBIES outta my friend and now hes playing diddy kong =]

look out for my combo vid that will be coming out soon hopefully ;]

Diddy kong FTW =p

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
The less the better. He's so under rated its not even funny. Anyone who plays me all they say "God I ****ing hate bananas". Technical? No. Does he ****? Mine does =]

smashbot226

Smash Master
The less the better. He's so under rated its not even funny. Anyone who plays me all they say "God I ****ing hate bananas". Technical? No. Does he ****? Mine does =]
1. Ditto.

2. Mine also face *****.

On that note, yes, he IS pretty underestimated... that is until the foes start seeing yellow, then they're all HOSNAP!

I swear, shooting Peanuts behind bananas is so friggin hilarious, watching the noobs standing on the other side, and keep on taunting, until...

SURPRISE FAIR! Then while they're flying or recovering, a Dair spike.

So f*cking satisfying, like a nice cold Tequilla in a mid-summer day...

Top Bottom