• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Cloning ruining the GTS? (Bet ya never expected this coming from me!)

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Okay, I know you all know me as the person who's mastered cloning right down to the point... but now I regret it. Everyday, I got to the GTS looking for a rare pokemon like Gallade or Magmotar and what do they want? At least 90% of them say Mew 9 and Under and combined with the basic pokemon (Abra,Bagon,Ralts etc) having rediculous wants like a lv100 Palkia, is cloning ruining the GTS making it unuseable?

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
People have been asking for ridiculous stuff on the GTS wayyy before cloning was even discovered.

Also I think that "level 9 Mew" thing is a glitch cause there is no way so many people would specifically ask for it.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Despite what you might think, Gamefaqs forums are an excellent place to arrange trades. Use that instead. I would do it myself except I've gotten into the whole IV thing and dont feel like getting scammed on something I cant check. I just get everything myself.

TombStone

Smash Journeyman
Cloning in D/P now....hmm, how does that work? Don't worry, I won't clog up the GTS with all of those ******** requests, lol (I do my cloning in Emerald). I've heard something about putting something up but not saving...I dunno, really. Seeing as you know how to do it, could you explain the exact process, and f possible, why the game glitches like that?

And to what commonyoshi said: I agree completely. You don't know who you're trading with, so assuming you meet their level and pokemon standards, you could give them a really crappy pokemon with messed up EVs, stupid moves, without an item, etc. Its best to find a forum so you know what (to a certain extent) what you're getting. I am personally guilty of trading away garbage over the GTS, lmao.

And I think I made a short lived thread a couple days ago on the GTS. Those ridiculous offers piss me off so much, I just scream noob at my DS....wish the mic would carry them that message...

Hax

Smash Champion
Despite what you might think, Gamefaqs forums are an excellent place to arrange trades. Use that instead. I would do it myself except I've gotten into the whole IV thing and dont feel like getting scammed on something I cant check. I just get everything myself.
QFT!

i hate GTS, too many hackers and too many people with rediculous wants. you should arrange trades on gameFAQs. (mods, does this count as advertising..? sorry, just trying to give advice. :()

Zrt805

Smash Rookie
yup. I searched for lvl 100's of the ledgendarys, and 31 out of 40 results were mew, 9 and under. I did a couple of searches for other pokemon, lvl 100, and over 70% were mews. Yes cloneing has kiled the gts...

Top Bottom