• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is cargo throw actually this good?

Maybe I'm just terrible at mashing out of it, but as a Chrom player, this thing gimps me SO EARLY. I feel like no matter how quickly I mash, if I get grabbed anywhere near the edge at 50% I'm just dead. Is this grab actually this insanely good or is there maybe just something I'm missing?

comfortable_lamp

Smash Cadet
yeah, generally, you need a good horizontal recovory to recovor from this,(which chrom does not have), however, it should not be killing at 50%. You might not be mashing fast enough. Just in case you are unaware, the c-stick does not work for mashing.

Vincey_Boi

Smash Apprentice
It is really good especially for dk who was good in sm4sh and now is GREAT in ultimate especially with that cargo throw. But yeah u need a really good recovery for it to be useless. Such as a whole lot of characters except he can get some incredible gimps at like 30% with characters such as.:ultkingdedede::ultdoc::ultike::ultchrom::ultbowserjr::ultlittlemac::ultroy::ultryu::ultken::ultsimon::ultrichter: :ultincineroar::ultness:& maybe :ultcorrinf::ultdiddy::ultfalco::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard: :ultganondorf:but is absolutely terrible on characters such as :ultkrool::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultvillager::ultfox::ultpichu::ultsnake: especially :ultrob: but with that its cargo throw intodown air which can work if ur opponent is not that aware of it.

Top Bottom