Is cargo throw actually this good?

Maybe I'm just terrible at mashing out of it, but as a Chrom player, this thing gimps me SO EARLY. I feel like no matter how quickly I mash, if I get grabbed anywhere near the edge at 50% I'm just dead. Is this grab actually this insanely good or is there maybe just something I'm missing?

yeah, generally, you need a good horizontal recovory to recovor from this,(which chrom does not have), however, it should not be killing at 50%. You might not be mashing fast enough. Just in case you are unaware, the c-stick does not work for mashing.

Vincey_Boi

Smash Apprentice
It is really good especially for dk who was good in sm4sh and now is GREAT in ultimate especially with that cargo throw. But yeah u need a really good recovery for it to be useless. Such as a whole lot of characters except he can get some incredible gimps at like 30% with characters such as.:ultkingdedede::ultdoc::ultike::ultchrom::ultbowserjr::ultlittlemac::ultroy::ultryu::ultken::ultsimon::ultrichter: :ultincineroar::ultness:& maybe :ultcorrinf::ultdiddy::ultfalco::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard: :ultganondorf:but is absolutely terrible on characters such as :ultkrool::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultvillager::ultfox::ultpichu::ultsnake: especially :ultrob: but with that its cargo throw intodown air which can work if ur opponent is not that aware of it.