• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Captain Falcon not a good Main?

Frankenstein_Gaming

Smash Rookie
NNID
FsteinGamn
Switch FC
6558-0854-8683
I feel like I'm getting hate for maining this character.
Everyone says he's not that great and too beginner-friendly.
Is that true?
Anyone have advice on this?

spookedya

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-8126-4461-5726
Play whoever you want. I have a hard enough time choosing anyone to play, so if I were you I would grind as much captain as you can.

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
Falcon is one of the most honest characters in the game. Idk where you have been getting hate from, but the only hate I see for Falcon is how zealous his fanbase is. Whenever i see a falcon player, i know i am in for a good solid match. I much prefer falcon to characters like :ultsonic::ultdiddy::ultyounglink: or the hoards of :ultrichter:,:ultchrom: and :ultkrool: who mostly play pretty lame.

But even that shouldn't matter, you do you. You paid for this game, you play however you want. Unless you are playing :ultsonic:. Don't do that ever please.

Aemuli

Smash Cadet
Falcon is definitely overall nerfed from ssb4; however, I wouldn't exactly call him a bad character. His throw follow-ups are kinda lack luster now, and his side-special does not kill anymore/combo ability for it isn't that great, but he still has speed which is very important for neutral so at least he has that to compensate.

leejaybird

Smash Cadet
NNID
leejaybird
Falcon may not be top tier, but his potential for super early kills makes him really fun to play. I suck with him but enjoy him. And really, unless you plan to attend and win tournament, it doesn't matter who you play.

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
And really, unless you plan to attend and win tournament, it doesn't matter who you play.
This so much. People get the wrong ideas about tier lists. They do not matter nearly as much as people think they do until you hit the highest level of play.

Combew

Smash Rookie
I don't really see Cap Falcon players get flame for playing him, he's a style-based character and high risk high reward,

Super_Hylian

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 1058-3799-8975
As said above, play who you are comfortable playing with, and most importantly have fun with. I have been a Link main through every Smash game, even Brawl. Yeah I know some characters have better maneuvers in regards to higher level play, but that isn't a big deal to me and his play style just suits me. I'm competitive, but not to the point to where I will pick someone just because they are "the best", it just takes the fun out of it if you don't play someone you enjoy to play as I think. :)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon feels right to me in SSBU. If he feels right to you and you like him as a character, stick with him.

BuddydaBomb

Smash Rookie
I think he is actually the opposite of beginner friendly as his combos are not at all easy to execute I main falcon too and I love playing as him

GhostM

Phantom
Falcon was hated mainly because of how different he felt compared to SSB4, where he was overall nerfed in Ultimate. He was buffed in patch of 3.1.0 which helped his combo game and kill potential. He’s an overall good character and it’s not a bad thing that he’s considered to be a good character to learn the fundamentals of Smash. If you enjoy playing as Falcon then you should stick with him as your main.

Top Bottom