• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is camping the one and only falco strategy?

Arigatex

Smash Rookie
hello falco mainers I just saw TommyG video thread and it looks just like every good falco out there in terms of campyness, my question is:
is there any other falco player that is considered good but plays with a lil more variety of attacks, approaches and less camp? or there's no other high lvl way to play this char? im sure im going to get flamed but whatever, I just what to see a vid of a good falco that does more than just spamming phantom, lazers and the occasional CG, no offense to anyone...

crimsonhaze

Smash Cadet
i wont start flaming, but camping is only one style of play that falco is capable of. why u see it alot, for one reason, is because there are tourney matches, and camping is the safest tactic. but falcos can do alot more than camp, so look around the boards and find the others out for yourself

Arigatex

Smash Rookie
yeah i get that camping is the safest way, but is the only one i've seen on competitive level, making falco games very boring to watch, and maybe to play (if I could play a good falco i mean :p) unlike other chars

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
go to the video thread and watch sk92
he is very aggresive and constantly places well

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
The better players have a balanced style. They abuse Falco's incredible camping options, and they also take advantage of his few close combat strengths. You have to play balanced, and gay, to play well at high levels. Playing too campy or too aggressive will not let you see victory with Falco.

Arigatex

Smash Rookie
sk92 really is what I was talking about, he's got a good effective falco without the excesive camp, now does he win as much as the campers? I don't really know the guy...

The better players have a balanced style. They abuse Falco's incredible camping options, and they also take advantage of his few close combat strengths. You have to play balanced, and gay, to play well at high levels. Playing too campy or too aggressive will not let you see victory with Falco.
hate to disagree: campy-happy falcos seems to win a lot :ohwell:
its just camp, camp, camp, Fsmash, game!

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Falco doesn't have to play campy. That said, Falco camping done right is very safe and very difficult to get around; there's simply no reason to take risks if the other guy can't approach through your lazers. So a lot of the good Falcos are going to spend a significant portion of their time camping - it's the basic brick wall to put up, if the other guy isn't good enough to get past the camping then why bother doing anything else?

bulgarian_kid

Smash Cadet
alright, so you find it boring. Get over it. You utilize the tools your character has to their full advantage, and falco happens to have very good tools for camping. Compound that with the fact that camping is a very effective strategy in brawl, and you'll find that it's a good idea to camp with falco. Don't play as falco if you find it boring, don't watch falco matches unless you're having trouble vs. falcos and need to learn, and suffer through the falcos you might verse (or even counterpick characters falco has a tough time with to minimalize your falco encounters).

But for god's sake, stop complaining.

Arigatex

Smash Rookie
geez kid im not complaining im asking for alternatives to excesive camp, and no, I don't hate falco nor do I constantly lose against him as you're probably thinking

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
campiness is the way to play with falco if you want to win. now unless there's a really large gap between both players you will have to once in a while play in close combat but only when the opponent has overcome your campiness. but if you play over campy then you'll get punished for its predictabilty so mix up defense and offensive when necessary but your game will mainly be camping

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Actually no. In my matches with Seibrik, I don't consider that all-out camping, but there were a lot of lasers and it was still camping nonetheless.

Ironically, I hate camping. I don't have fun when I camp and it makes me feel horrible. I have evolved my combat game to avoid camping unless it was against someone camping me. Camping is not the one and only strategy. Safest, yes. He can win by playing without a laser.

Arigatex

Smash Rookie
sure, I've seen more intense camping than that, perhaps the dedede matchup forced u to camp more than usual, the important part is you hate it xD,
yeah Ive seen what I was looking for, thanks for the vid suggetions! my faith on falco is restored lol

Top Bottom