• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Brawl really a dissapointment?

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Please, only people who have played this game answer it :)

So, in terms of gameplay, is Brawl a dissapointment? Im not talking about the roster (which tbh is fine..) or anything else, just the gameplay? Is it better than Melee or is it too different to compare?

Been readin reviews...a lot have said its poor :(

Aeriath

Smash Cadet
Let me start by saying I definitely believe brawl is a great game. It brings a lot of feelings of when I first got melee back, including the awkwardness. My friend happened to beat me the first time we played, and I absolutely tear him up in melee. But I'm actually happy about this. I'm starting to get used to the game more, but of course I still have a ton of work to do. Overall, it's gonna take adjustment, but it's still a great game.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
What people need to understand is that Brawl is a completly different game to Melee. Sure, it shares the same idea as Melee, but it's not Melee.

I haven't played Brawl and I shouldn't be replying, but I'm just reminding people.

People just need to get used to Brawl. Many of the techniques used in Melee weren't discovered till a few years later

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Please tell me you aren't reading those joke reviews on GameFAQs.

Please don't say you have.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
^^ Cuz if you were, stop. Considering every critic has called Brawl a 10 up until now.

It just takes getting used to. Once you get the hang of it, it's really quite a ride. Enjoyable, fast, and omg there's Sonic the Hedgehog. :D

Rash

Smash Ace
Brawl doesn't even have to be a 10. It can be a 9 and still be one of the best and most enjoyable games you'll play. Melee didn't last for 6 years based on getting 10s (it actually got a lot of 8s and 9s), it lasted that long based on replayability.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Toon Link=Clone

Me=Sad

The only poor reviews you have probabl read are those of people refusing to adapt and relinquish wavedashing. It was an exploit in Melee...well for all intents and purposes, it was a glitch. Some say "it was removed to reduce lag online". No, it was removed because it was not intentional and it broke many characters.

CaitSith

Smash Rookie
Do not worry if everyone does not give it a perfect review. It's the little quirks which keep people interested.

Top Bottom