• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is brawl not advanced enough to replace melee?

bboyamir

Smash Rookie
Is there a thread discussing, comparing, and contrasting brawl and melee? This might include things like brawl sucks, brawl is too slow compared to melee, because of a lack of fastfalling/lag cancelling techniques brawl will never reach the competitive level of melee, etc. I'm not taking sides i've just heard a lot of this stuff verbally but would like to get some pro opinions on whether they're staying with melee or moving up. There are definitely some advanced techniques that we have yet to discover but, with lcancelling and fastfalling being such integral elements of the "speedy" play of melee, is anybody just pissed off? let me know, i'm new to this site but not to smash.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
There isn't one single organized thread comparing the two (there should be though...Maybe when it gets released for the majority of us).

There is, however many numerous threads about the subject.
Most of them are useless and filled with people saying "Brawl sucks"(despite never actually playing the game) or, "stop wanting Melee 2.0" (despite no one ever mentioning anything close to that).

Most likely, your thread will be infected with these responses soon.

My advice is to just wait until it's at lest released in the US.
Then you might get a more worth while thread.

Oh, and welcome to SWF.

ptown

Smash Ace
i'm pretty sure it's a universally known fact that pros will not be going to play brawl.

so i think you should quit.

Top Bottom