• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

is brawl gonna be the highest rated game ever?

Darkburst

Smash Cadet
It seems IGN is going to mark some points off on SSE, and maybe a few other areas of the game.
Are their complaints more about the story or the actual gameplay? They'll probably take off less points if it's the story they're not satisfied with, seeing as Brawl doesn't need a story in the first place.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Gamespot will give it a 9 or 9.5 definitely.

IGN will s*** on it.

X-Play will give it a 5 outta 5 I think.

The rest don't even matter.

DarthLuigi

Smash Rookie
I actually won't be surprised if Brawl does indeed become the new "official" Greatest Game Ever. I am referring the GameRankings and their ratings of the game. Even Super Mario Galaxy (the current second place holder) didn't start off with so many perfect scores, and I have little doubt that Brawl will pass Ocarina in average scores.

finalark

SNORLAX
It won't be the highest rated game ever because:

1. the Super Smash Bros. series already is an overrated series.
2. this game ISN'T the best game, period.
3. there are always ****tards (*cough*gamespot*cough*) who give this game a lower score because they don't "get" the game.
No... Gamespot rated it well, 8.9 is the right score for SSBM.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I think it will be one of the highest rated games ever been not THE highest game ever but if I'm wrong then if it's gonna be that good then I will say it deserves it.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
While i would love to see it happen but i really cant see it while it will get one hell of an overall rating i dont think it will get the temporary crown of highest rated game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ocarina of Time is the most overrated highest rated game to date.

Followed shortly after by Final Fantasy VII.
Your dislike of OoT puzzles me. Greatly...

TP was fantastic (Yes, I know what your sig was) but you must give OoT its due was the fantastic game it was.

Thats not opinion. Thats generally accepted fact.

NGamer92

Smash Rookie
So far I'm really happy with the 3 reviews.

Famitsu gave it 10/10 (one of the 7 to only recieve such a score from them)
Thunderbolt also gave 10/10
Last NP gave it 10/10

I do count NP because they aren't owned by Nintendo.

There's just so much stuff in this game I think most reviews will be mostly 9/10 at least.

Top Bottom