• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is anyone going to the midnight launch/tornament

I am going to the midnight release; unfortunately, I won't be able to go to the midnight tournament. I'm just going to pick it up and then leave for the airport.

I'm going to Japan ON the release day, so I'll have it in my hands that morning, then head off to the airport at 4:00 am. I won't be able to play the game until the next morning. ;_;

Mr.L

Smash Rookie
I'm going to pick up my copy of brawl and compete in the torney with a friend. Funny thing is that me and my friend are vets at super smash since the N64 days and we have never been in a tournament reason being is that were I live nothing like that happens often and when it does its too late. I'm dumb... going to use samus all the way:)

Wrath`

Smash Master
I will if my dad stays up that late, but if not i will pick it up 9:00 am at toys r us....................cause no one will expect it there ( i pre ordered it there anyway)

CrossX

Smash Apprentice
I won't bother, because the first thing I want to do when I get the game is actually play the game before really doing something like this, I mean people who imported the game might seem to have the edge if they join this tournament.

Nigy

Smash Rookie
I plan to meet some friends there, pick up brawl, then maybe go to a friend's house and Brawl until we're too tired to continue.

CrossX

Smash Apprentice
I plan to meet some friends there, pick up brawl, then maybe go to a friend's house and Brawl until we're too tired to continue.
Yeah for that reason, I'd rather not go to this tournament since this game is too big to waste a days sleep on a tournament. Then again a prize for winning each round is pretty intriguing.

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
Then why are you even on Smash Forums?
Sarcasm Sensors: Failed.

I was being sarcastic.

I guess the signature using a SSBB themed sprite of Peach, and well even being on these forums wasn't a clue enough.

To answer your question: "I'm on these forums because I am excited about SSBB and I like Super Smash Bros. in general."

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I'm not here to show sarcasm and be appreciated for it, I'm here to show my love for the Smash series and discuss topics about the game.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
No. None of us are going. Not a single one of the over 93,828 members of this board are attending a midnight release.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
So u can also pick up ur copy at midnight? or do u have to wait until the store opens on the 9th to pick it up?

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
cuz the gamespot by my school says they get theres at 9 am on the 9th. But the one further down the road is doing the tourney. So does that mean i should prolly go preorder it at the further one if its having the tourney? lol

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
ahwell guess ill call and see which i can get it from first

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i am just buying the game at midnight and running home to play it online, unlock all the characters, etc

Top Bottom