• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is anyone else trying to beat Boss Battles on Intense with EVERY character?

Gibby

Smash Cadet
EDIT(8/19/08) - Finally done! I was distracted a lot by DS games in the middle, but I've finally finished the challenge.

I have beaten Intense Boss Battles with all 39 characters. (39 because I did separate runs for each transformation)

If anyone's curious (or wants to ask for tips), here are the characters I did it with in order of completion:

Charizard
Toon Link
Marth
Metaknight
Fox
Ike
Kirby
Ganondorf
Lucas
Yoshi
Ness
Lucario
Sonic
Donkey Kong
Mr. Game and Watch
Falco
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Mario
Zero Suit Samus
Samus
R.O.B.
Ivysaur
Squirtle
Peach
Bowser
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Wario
Link
King Dedede
Olimar
Snake
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Zelda
Sheik
Pit
Wolf

Good luck to anyone trying this challenge, and kudos to those who have succeeded.

l0n3r

Smash Cadet
Haha use toon Link, his down a can **** from above lol he will keep bouncing on most enemies heads, just keep VA ing

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
I tried this, finished it with Fox, Kirby, Marth, G&W ( owned Tabuu with a 9 hammer),DK,PT, and Lucas. Probably going to finish this after I complete all the challenges in the vault.

EDIT: For those of you trying to do this challenge, here are some tips:
DK- Use his ground pound on Duon, Porky, Rayquaza, and Galleom. For the aerial bosses, use his Up B, Uair, or Bair. The other aerials take too long.

Fox- His reflector absolutely destroys Meta Ridley. Use his Fair on bosses in the air. Spam his blaster on bosses that are scary in close-range combat (Galleom).

PT- His pokemon switch ( Down B) can help you avoid some attacks. Charizard's Rock Smash (>B) is really strong. If you dodge one of Tabuu's Red Rings, you can use Pokemon Switch to dodge the other ones.

Lucas- His Dair is his main damager. His PSI Magnet abosorbs 60% from Master Hand's hand gun attack. It also abosrbs about 20% from each of Duon's lasers (not from his head).

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning on doing this after I beat All-Star on Intense with every character (I just have Wario and Captain Olimar to do; I've saved the best for last!). I've just basically been taking my time with it... I'll be playing Brawl for a long time hence, so I might as well pace myself. :)

Gibby

Smash Cadet
Updated, beat it with 3 more characters last night.
It's down to the point where a new character runthrough rarely takes me more than about half an hour total.

The strategy I settled on with G-Dorf involved Upsmash. Since you can repeatedly cancel it into itself it racks up damage pretty quickly. Bair is safer though. Once you've played enough, reading and dodging bosses isn't a problem anymore, even with someone as clunky as Ganon.

S2

Smash Lord
I've already completed Boss Battles Intense with every character, as have several other players (there was a huge topic about this, guess it hasn't been bumped in a while).

Once you get each pattern down, it's all about simply not making mistakes. Certain characters are really easy, but for the most part its equally hard for most characters.

Ironically, heavyweights aren't too bad as they can often dish out damage. And as long as your playing not to get hit, you should be okay.

Anyway, Gibby keep it up. You can do it.

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
Im trying it for classic

if my brother just played intense when he played them just for the thrpohies, but nooooo, he did normal

plus he used alternate coustumes (not actaul charater) and played his own music

Gibby

Smash Cadet
Updated again for the first time in a while.
I finally managed to pull myself away from The World Ends With You (A Square-Enix DS RPG).

Just 10 characters left for me now.
Oh, and I beat it with Bowser on my first try, which was kind of surprising.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
No they aren't. Most people are too busy whining about Brawl being dumbed down but not doing anything on Intense mode in single player. XD

You know. Something that's actually CHALLENGING? lol

Amide

Smash Lord
I'm impressed, keep up the good work. If I tried, maybe I could do it with like, five characters. I'm not good enough...

Gibby

Smash Cadet
Finally another update. I was busy practicing for a Melee tournament, then got hooked for a little while on Civilization Revolution for DS, but I'm back to the challenge now. Only 5 chars left!

Davexen

Smash Rookie
Impressive, I´ve tried but it´s really tough, I can barely manage with my mains. Can´t imagine ever being able to complete it with Ivysaur though xD

Cheesedork

Smash Apprentice
Impressive.

I started trying, but gave up at 10.
not that it was too hard, i just got bored =P

I did it with:
Meta Knight
Sonic
Luigi
Lucas
Fox
Jigglypuff
Pikachu
Link
Toon Link
and Ganondorf (I had to show up a friend who said had had done it with Gdorf)

Gibby

Smash Cadet
Alright, I finally finished.

Feel free to ask questions, post your own progress, etc.

I could even put up a mini-guide if people are interested enough.

To think this ended up taking me all summer. Oh well, mission complete

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
EDIT(8/19/08) - Finally done! I was distracted a lot by DS games in the middle, but I've finally finished the challenge.

I have beaten Intense Boss Battles with all 39 characters. (39 because I did separate runs for each transformation)

If anyone's curious (or wants to ask for tips), here are the characters I did it with in order of completion:

Charizard
Toon Link
Marth
Metaknight
Fox
Ike
Kirby
Ganondorf
Lucas
Yoshi
Ness
Lucario
Sonic
Donkey Kong
Mr. Game and Watch
Falco
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Mario
Zero Suit Samus
Samus
R.O.B.
Ivysaur
Squirtle
Peach
Bowser
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Wario
Link
King Dedede
Olimar
Snake
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Zelda
Sheik
Pit
Wolf

Good luck to anyone trying this challenge, and kudos to those who have succeeded.
I did it about two months ago as well

kudos to you

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hahaha...I don't even Bother with that anymore...maybe if I'm Bored I'll do it...but once I unlock all the Characters, Stages, and Extra Rules....I'm done....Hehe Although I did Complete the Target Mode, and Classic Mode With Every Character on Each Difficulty....

Commander Blizzard

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I finally finished.

Feel free to ask questions, post your own progress, etc.

I could even put up a mini-guide if people are interested enough.

To think this ended up taking me all summer. Oh well, mission complete
Congratulations on beating Boss rush on intense with all characters.

The only characters that beat Boss Rush for me were PT and Meta-Knight.
I'll try and beat boss rush with all characters when I have a chance.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Wow, I've only done it with my mains (MK, Wolf, Fox). I'm absolutely amazed that you have the patience and determination to do that...

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I have the courage to do that... I get pissed off quickly.

But fine, i'll try d('-')b

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Well done.
The best I've done is PT on Normal XD.
I tried easy with Mario before, and got killed against Petey on the 8th round.....lol.

Anyway, I hadn't thought of using Toon Link's Dair, I'll try that now.
There's no chance of me doing it wth all characters, but I want to do it with one, so that I can keep all my Golden Hammers.

20characters1

Smash Rookie
I just got back into playing brawl and i am trying to go through all the characters boss battles i have 4 people left I am planning on using Lucas to beat in on intense I beat it on very hard on my first try so lets hope intense isnt a major step harder than that

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
I just did it on Intense with Meta Knight. I was shivering the whole time. OH GOD I AM NOT DOING IT WITH ANYONE ELSE RAGHRAGHGHGHAR.

I did lose some sanity.

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
After the first few characters, at least for me, it loses the adrenaline rush element. I can understand how you got distracted.
I don't have the patience. Good work, though.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
its very tough... very good job... i cant do it... i dont think i will ever be able to... i would have to break my controller and wii first cuz bosses piss me off.. lol... :p

Ange

Smash Lord
The last months Ive mostly played Boss Battles out of all the things I do on Brawl (tho mostly its the /only/ thing I play), and to be honest, the more you play Intense mood, the ... how can ya say... easier? it gets. Not sure but atleast that what happened to me. I would actually recommend to do your first Intense runs with either Jiggly, Fox or Marth. Their fighting styles are great for beating bosses fast and at the same time not taking much damage.
With Jiggs you can beat them effectivly with non-stop aerials, and Foxs jump is high for jumping over DUON for example, and he can quickly kill bosses with his Blaster, usmash or fsmash. MARTH fsmash is awesome when tipping, and the side hitboxes of his usmash, and his Counter is fun to experiment with, specially Peteys boring jump attacks, or Rayquazas killing tail whip.

The key to winning is mostly about yer reflexes, as you literally NEED to airdodge/sidestep/stay away alot, and specially if you meet certain bosses at the 8th or 9th battle, as theyre EXTREMELY killing.. But dodging is the key to victory, atleast what I think. Practicing wont hurt!

And getting the timing to sidestep Tabuus off-waves can be a pain, but youll get the hang of it.

As of myself, Ive beaten Boss battles Intense with everyone sept Ganondorf and Snake, I seriously cant use them.. :/ And in total it probably took atleast SOME months, as I was stuck on Ike for awhile.

KO M

Smash Apprentice
Its pretty easy, just use Sonic, homing attack ftw =_= Iv already done it. If you want to beat it just to beat it use the cheap sonic.

Top Bottom