• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is anyone concerned that Ness has an impending nerf coming to him?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I still think ZeRo and M2K need to shut up about Ness before Nintendo agrees and nerfs him unnecessarily >_>

Darnit FOW, stop beating M2K with Ness and making him salty!

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
It's like me going to the WFT boards and saying the character needs a nerf to the usmash because it KO'd me at 90%. I know nothing about this character, but I state my opinion as fact and ignoring the reasoning from any other person more knowledgeable of the character.
I actually use WFT so if I saw you saying something like that I would be pretty mad :laugh:

I know how do you feel bro, I own a competitive brazilian smash facebook group and it's not rare to see people complaining about characters there.
1 Month ago a guy said there that Link was broken and stupid because all he does is "spam projectiles until you're at kill percent and them dash attack you". Right after that everyone else started using the meme "git gud" on his post and them he got mad, bashed my group saying we were "power abusers" and that we didn't respect "his opinion" and them quit.

There were also a situation where another person said that Yoshi (my main :ace:) was unbeatable because he could "spam aerials forever without being punished". I them made a wall of text with all the reasons Yoshi is not a unbeatable character by any standards and his weakness. I even said to him that I suck against Falcon but I don't think he's OP just because of that and that I was trying my best to learn the MU and he should do the same. (I also got a lot of likes with that post yay :chuckle:) .

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I actually use WFT so if I saw you saying something like that I would be pretty mad :laugh:

I know how do you feel bro, I own a competitive brazilian smash facebook group and it's not rare to see people complaining about characters there.
1 Month ago a guy said there that Link was broken and stupid because all he does is "spam projectiles until you're at kill percent and them dash attack you". Right after that everyone else started using the meme "git gud" on his post and them he got mad, bashed my group saying we were "power abusers" and that we didn't respect "his opinion" and them quit.

There were also a situation where another person said that Yoshi (my main :ace:) was unbeatable because he could "spam aerials forever without being punished". I them made a wall of text with all the reasons Yoshi is not a unbeatable character by any standards and his weakness. I even said to him that I suck against Falcon but I don't think he's OP just because of that and that I was trying my best to learn the MU and he should do the same. (I also got a lot of likes with that post yay :chuckle:) .
That's good. That's how you weed out the scrubs. People just need to stop being scrubs, and the world will be a better place.

Power abusers, give me a ****ing break. His opinion is total balls honestly.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
I would argue that Ness is actually one of the most balanced characters in the game at the moment. He's very viable and definitely a good character with a distinct playstyle and strengths (good throws, absolute god in the air), but with reasonable weaknesses (you almost always have to approach, very easily gimped recovery). Plenty of good matchups but some disadvantageous ones too. Sakurai would be much better off buffing other, lower-tier characters rather than gimping medium-high characters to their level.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I still think ZeRo and M2K need to shut up about Ness before Nintendo agrees and nerfs him unnecessarily >_>

Darnit FOW, stop beating M2K with Ness and making him salty!
You mean getting killed by an air dodge read? ZeRo really doesn't know Ness.
1. PK Thunder gets free guaranteed edgeguards: Not guaranteed at all. Maybe Lucas' PK Thunder if you are a master, but regular not.
2. He can trick you into hitting you with PKT.....ridiculous....airdodge read...: That is something called mindgames. Most characters can do it. Not guaranteed options. Who uses PKT2 to punish an airdodge? Uair/Nair/Bair exist for something. And it doesn't kill at 20%. And he goes on and on.....
3. DThrow combos ALWAYS into Uair/Fair: DI exists.
4. Nair is the best....it kills....ridiculous....: Nair doesn't kill unless its at the edge at 140% or something. And like #2 he just goes on and on.....
5. Dair is a decent spike: Dair is an air taunt. It's there for disrespect only.
6. PK Fire...guaranteed grab: Do I even need to explain this?
7. DSmash catches people under the ledge...kills them early: WHAT?! Unless you are playing Smash 64/P:M. Correct me if I'm wrong but DSmash doesn't go under the ledge. And it barely kills.
8. FSmash has ridiculous range: WHAT?! It barely has range! Either that or the animation is completely misleading.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
4. Nair is the best....it kills....ridiculous....: Nair doesn't kill unless its at the edge at 140% or something. And like #2 he just goes on and on.....
If those were true I'd have a 100% winrate. Dthrow is a great setup move but it isn't inescapable, I tend to use Nair more defensively myself, and PK fire, while a great setup tool if you don't get too predictable, is not the core of Ness' game (that would be dthrow and aerials). I don't consider myself even close to top level, and I can tell that everything that he said is total bull****.

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
7. DSmash catches people under the ledge...kills them early: WHAT?! Unless you are playing Smash 64/P:M. Correct me if I'm wrong but DSmash doesn't go under the ledge. And it barely kills.
This is actually a thing on certain ledges but mostly BF. Just like how CF can spike people by using d-air above the lip of the stage. It's more a ledge hiccup than d-smash being good.

But yeah, Zero is exaggerating.

If anything gets nerfed, then I think Ness's N-air will get a damage nerf. It's a really good OoS option that some people might find too good.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I died at fsmash having range.
To put things into perspective, it has less range than Ness' ftilt. That's his FOOT.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I died at fsmash having range.
To put things into perspective, it has less range than Ness' ftilt. That's his FOOT.
Ness shifts his body with his f-tilt, though. Unless it has that invisible hitbox like Falcon's f-smash.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Ness shifts his body with his f-tilt, though. Unless it has that invisible hitbox like Falcon's f-smash.
He still ends it in the same spot. Regardless of how you view it, if you stand at the edge of the stage and ftilt, you can hit opponents farther out than if you use fsmash.

FLYING 7UR7LE

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLYINGTRTL
3DS FC
5413-0294-8873
1. PK Thunder gets free guaranteed edgeguards: Not guaranteed at all. Maybe Lucas' PK Thunder if you are a master, but regular not.
2. He can trick you into hitting you with PKT.....ridiculous....airdodge read...: That is something called mindgames. Most characters can do it. Not guaranteed options. Who uses PKT2 to punish an airdodge? Uair/Nair/Bair exist for something. And it doesn't kill at 20%. And he goes on and on.....
5. Dair is a decent spike: Dair is an air taunt. It's there for disrespect only.
8. FSmash has ridiculous range: WHAT?! It barely has range! Either that or the animation is completely misleading.
Down air, air taunt! I'm going to start using that, I guess you can compare ness' down air to luigi's taunt spike to a lesser extent. If you land a kill with either you feel like a total bad@$$. Other then that not much use other then disrespect.

Top Bottom