• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Irvine Play N Trade Alton Square Melee Tournament Returns! 07/27

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Ok, I might be able to go with this, but my ride needs to go somewhere around noon, so I the latest I can arrive in Irvine is around 10:30, although the tournament starts at 1:00. Would anyone in the area want to get any practice with me before the tournament?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I won't be doing teams. Does the store let people in to practice that early, though? I'll be there about 2.5 hours before the tournament starts.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Ok, I might be able to go with this, but my ride needs to go somewhere around noon, so I the latest I can arrive in Irvine is around 10:30, although the tournament starts at 1:00. Would anyone in the area want to get any practice with me before the tournament?
Yes I'm extremely rusty. Can we warm up at the store?

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
We don't know if there will be enough people for teams...if not then all the people who want to do teams have to consent to doing the tournament with the small amount present, with the same prize of 50% pot in store credit.

Also we actually open at 11 so you'd have to wait about 45 mins for a chance to get on a tv...but I am opening so I don't really mind if you practice that early...only thing is there are no chairs so I hope you got some will power =P

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
50% store credit is so gay :(

if we can practice early i'll see if my ride can show up early too. we'll need to warm up for teams.

i'll also be taking any and all mms with my sheik and marth

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
wow work is ********. they said to come at 11 so i decided i couldn't go to this. i arrived and they say "oops come at 5". now i missed it.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Free entry to one event(Singles or Doubles) for the first two melee discs we get! After that any extra discs would be generous in order to get more tvs up and a faster tournament done. =)

Soooo if u have two you get the whole day free =P

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
LOL thanx you guys. wow i'm out of my mind. but i still work tomorrow. =[

aznforce817

Smash Lord
nice P, thanks for teaming man, i learned even more today from ya and kira.

Next time wanna team at the BEGINNING of the tourny? ahah, maybe at my tournament?

GG's to all the players i played, melee is too much fun and i enjoyed every single match and friendly.

Thanks for hosting another tourny irvine play n trade. Next time dead or alive xtreme beach volleyball 2 tournament? ohhh yeah lolol

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Even though we had to stand up the entire time, this was the most fun I've had playing smash in awhile. Good games Jeremy even though it was by far the gayest matchup in this game lol. All our sets/games made me realize I play this game for fun more than anything else; I could care less about the prizes (especially cuz it was store credit lol).

Kevin stop rolling/teching towards me and you got this.

Brawl is boring, probably not gonna play that game much anymore.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I played 18 rounds of ICs vs. Sheik in tournament today. It's fun, but really exhausting.

Also, Corneria is the best stage ever, even though it's terrible.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Corneria would be the first stage I would opt to permanently remove out of all the allowed counterpick stages.

Other than Jungle Japes, that stage is beyond broken and Sakurai probably used all of his evil when he made it.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
I thought you guys would be dissappointed >.<

This was our attempt to support the melee community, and if you guys enjoyed it we'll be happy to do another next month

@Aznforce

You must work at play n trade, you are way to lolzors. Always remember to fight for your cabbage.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Yeah that was fun
I did like bad but w/e
I learned a lot just by watching ^^

Now I can put the names to the faces with Neighborhood, fly, DJ_PWN, and schmmoguy!!
I was the the longhaired younger one!!

melee is too fun
BRING'n IT BACK :O

Top Bottom