• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IRC for Coordinating ONLINE -FRIEND CODE BOT IS UP!

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
I joined up, and I'll more or less be idling on a constant basis, since I have to idle my CS team's channel on gamesurge anyway.

My irc-nick is Imp|hazmat.

This was also a really good idea. IRC ftw.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
Yea. since the game came out in japan. and a game is floating online around the internet. this system can be in use today. the channel has security up and everything. just wait and till someone new joins the channel and post your game. it the system will gradually be smoother. when more and more people get it. and come time march9th the channel will be huge.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Absolutely, the more people that connect, the easier it is to get practice. It is the same thing that professional FPS players use to get scrims and matches. This a great tool that can be used for the brawl community as well.

cwal37

Smash Rookie
Absolutely, the more people that connect, the easier it is to get practice. It is the same thing that professional FPS players use to get scrims and matches. This a great tool that can be used for the brawl community as well.
Yeah, I use IRC for TF2, it should bea a real boon to the smash community especially combined with the vent and ts servers.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
theres been alot of people using #smashscrim lately. people actually do like it, i'm glad this is working out. i wish the swf friend code finder was more live. because you could actually tell whose online or not. There will be a flood in #smashscrim march9th

Sportsfan

Smash Rookie
MAN...less than 2 weeks until go time! I can't wait! This place is going to be loaded and my friends list will be filled in no time.

We have a great community of people already, so if you have not checked it out yet, stop in and get to know everyone. It's going to be a blast!

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
I'm not trying to kill forums or messageboards. because they excellent for posting topics and discussions but IRC , you can talk till hearts content. talking about anything in #smashworld. from politics, to smashbros. to just random stuff. #smashscrim is strictly Posting matches. and you can see who wants to play and exchange codes.. watch come march9th its going to blowup ^_^

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
IRC is definitely the way to go.

If you look at http://www.gamesurge.net on the far right you will see the most popular channels. 8 out of 10 of those channels have to deal with competitive teams finding either players or scrimmages.

IRC is an amazing tool.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
join #findscrim and #sourcescrim to see what this will be like, if it catches on
Join that channel. to see what Smashscrim will be like. What this is depicting or visualizing is how big and how many people are going to post matches every single second... So you have to be quick. even if you want to play smash at 4 in the morning. People will still be in there

Sportsfan

Smash Rookie
Friend Code Trigger

EDIT:

So, thanks to Monkerz of #smashworld, we know have a fully functioning friend code bot!

The bots name is FriendCodeBOT. Here are the commands:

To register your friend code, PM the following to FriendCodeBot: !register YOURCODE (If for some reason you enter the wrong code, use the same command and the old one will be overwritten.)

To receive the code of another user, type the following: !fc USERSNICK

*Do note, be sure to let the user know that you have added them, so they can add you as well.

Feel free to PM me, Sportzfan15, if you have any questions or need any help :) .

R0cket

Smash Apprentice
Alright you #smashworld-ers, I have created an awesome way to get friend codes of others in the channel, so that you don’t have to dig up your code every time you want to play someone. All you have to do it type "!FC nickname" and the person's friend code will be PMed to you, if they have set this up. Currently, I only know how to do this for mIRC. See below for an alternate solution.

1. “Copy” the following:

Code:
on 1:text:!FC YOURNICK:#smashworld: {

/msg $nick YOURFC 
}
2. In mIRC, click Tools>Scripts Editor (or hit Atl-R on your keyboard)

3. Click on the “Remote” tab

4. Click File>New (in the scripts editor window)

4. In your blank window “paste” the above

5. Before you close this window, change the YOURNICK (after !FC …space after FC) to the nickname you use on the channel. This should look like the following:

EXAMPLE: !FC Sportzfan15

Also, change the YOURFC to your friend code. It works best it you type it as follows:

EXAMPLE: 5555-5555-5555

When finished, it should look like this:

6. In that window, click File>Save as, and save it as "FCscript".

7. After all of this is done, click “OK”

That’s it…you now have your friend code trigger set up! This prevents you from having to type it out every time someone wants your code.

Now, if you don’t have mIRC or are unable to get it (you have a Mac for example), here is an alternative. If you would like to have a !FC trigger for your nickname, you can PM me your friend code and I will add it to my client. I am almost always online, so this will work.

(Note, this is possible to do in other programs, I am just not sure how scripts work in others. Feel free to PM me and I will do my best to try to help you figure it out.)

Don’t hesitate to PM me (here or on IRC) if you have any issues or need help of any sort. I am happy to help with any issues you might have. I am Sportzfan15 on the channel.

Happy Brawling!
Awesome Sports!

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
This is Excellent SportzFan15. i added the trigger instructions in the tutorial. also i tweaked some stuff so there won't be flooding.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
FRIEND CODE BOT IS UP. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GO IN THE CHANNEL. PM THE FRIENDCODEBOT. To PM you double click the name or type in /msg Friendcodebot !FCB Help
Type in !FCB Help to get instructions.

You will get this

To register your friend code, PM the following to FriendCodeBot: !register YOURCODEHERE ... If for some reason you enter the wrong code, use the same command and the old one will be overwritten ... To receive the code of another user, type the following: !fc USERSNICK ... Do note, be sure to let the user know that you have added them, so they can add you as well.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
yeah that Friend Code Bot is pretty awesome, it will be EXTREMELY useful with regards to exchanging codes.

Top Bottom