• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Invincible Ledge Stalling

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
Okay, I know Falco can do it with his up b (fire something, insert kfc joke), but can he also do it with side b (phantasm)?

EDIT: well he apparently can. i should really use google more before making threads...

EDIT 2: to put something productive here, i think side b is the best stall because of the meteor hitbox it makes. the easiest way to do it is to let go of the ledge, phantasm immediately, and then reverse it imo.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Okay, I know Falco can do it with his up b (fire something, insert kfc joke), but can he also do it with side b (phantasm)?

EDIT: well he apparently can. i should really use google more before making threads...

EDIT 2: to put something productive here, i think side b is the best stall because of the meteor hitbox it makes. the easiest way to do it is to let go of the ledge, phantasm immediately, and then reverse it imo.
In PM, there is one frame less ledge intangibility so you just can't do fully intangible ledge refreshs/stalls anymore, besides Sheik's Shino refresh and the Randall refresh.
It isn't worth the risk therefore. You can use side-b to get on the stage though, because if time perfectly you are intangible while you move (although the end of it is punishable). This can help to transition from ledge to centerstage.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
In PM, there is one frame less ledge intangibility so you just can't do fully intangible ledge refreshs/stalls anymore, besides Sheik's Shino refresh and the Randall refresh.
It isn't worth the risk therefore. You can use side-b to get on the stage though, because if time perfectly you are intangible while you move (although the end of it is punishable). This can help to transition from ledge to centerstage.
I believed this (and swear was told this by different PMBR) but now Strong Bad/ST told me it's always been the same as Melee (not 1 frame less).

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Lets ask some more PMBR then. Did Demo 1.0 match Melee's ledge invincibility/and time in which you could release the ledge exactly? Please @Shadic @shanus @Magus @ Shell Shell

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I think I performed the PMBR question asking ritual wrong, hold on

:GCCU::GCCU::mewtwopm::GCCR::GCCR::roypm::GCCD::GCCD:
:GCStart::GCStart::GCStart::GCStart::GCStart::GCStart::GCStart::GCStart:
:roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::pichumelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee:

Last edited:

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
No idea about v1.0 but I'm pretty sure the intangibility matches Melee frame for frame atm.

Top Bottom