• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interview with Kyle Hebert (The Voice of Ryu!)

Recently, @Spazzy_D and myself got the chance to talk with Kyle Hebert. Kyle Hebert has an impressive resume: he's the narrator in Dragon Ball Z, Big the Cat in the newest Sonic games, and most famously, as Ryu since Street Fighter 4.

He was also Wario in the cult favorite, There Will be Brawl (Mature audiences only)!

We discussed his various roles, There Will be Brawl, and playing Ryu in Smash for Wii U/3DS.

You can watch the full interview below:

Warning:The interview contains a word that isn't 'family friendly'.
Follow PushDustIn on Twitter to stay up to date on the latest news and interviews.

Last edited:
PushDustin

Comments

He also plays adult Gohan in the DBZ English dub.

More fun facts, Sean Schemmel (voice of Goku) does Lucario's voice, and Ryo Horikawa (voice of Vegeta in the Japanese version) does Captain Falcon's voice in Japanese Smash.

People saying they want Dragon Ball characters in Smash need to STFU. They're already in there lol.

I kinda surpised that nobody likes Kyle Hebert's Ryu. I thought he was decent as him.

Last edited:
I kinda surpised that nobody likes Kyle Hebert's Ryu. I thought he was decent as him.
Really? I think he's pretty good. Tatsumaki Senpukyaku seems to give him trouble (Or his pronunciation is correct, and the words are pronounced differently that I thought), but other than that he's pretty good.
Besides, He's not the only actor to mispronounce things :4falco::4ness:(though I'm sure this one is the result of a thick accent):4lucas:

Last edited:
Top Bottom