• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interview with Jeff Manning, Smash 64 Announcer!

Recently, Source Gaming got the chance to interview Jeff Manning -- the announcer behind the original Super Smash Bros.!

In this first ever interview, Manning discusses what led him to become a voice actor, and shares some anecdotes about his time in Japan. The interview should give you a great idea of what kind of person Jeff is!

For more Smash news, follow SG on Twitter!
You can also support SG on Patreon so they can continue to investigate and translate new information!

If you have missed it, there are now interviews with every single Smash announcer!.
Dean Harrington Interview [Melee Announcer]
Pat Cashman Interview [Brawl Announcer]
Interview with Xander Mobus [Smash for Wii U/3DS Announcer]
Smash Trivia with Xander Mobus [Smash for Wii U/3DS Announcer]

Lastly, follow me on Twitter! I'm always working on something, and you won't want to miss the next big thing!

Who is your favorite Smash announcer?Let us know in the comments below!

PushDustin

Comments

At this point, I shouldn't be surprised.
Yet, here I am, shocked that y'all were able to get the dude!

I'm not listening to a 40+ minute interview. Can someone give a summary about what he said actually related to the game? Thanks!

I'm not listening to a 40+ minute interview. Can someone give a summary about what he said actually related to the game? Thanks!
The interview isn't for you then.

He doesn't remember a lot about the recording process, as it was a long time ago. This interview gives you an idea of who Jeff Manning is as a person, and is the only interview he's done, as far as I'm aware.

Top Bottom