• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Intersting Falcon Find

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I was playing Falcon today and something interesting happened. I was playing against IC's and did a hyphensmash Usmash near the ledge. Only the fist kick hit though and then I kept sliding instead of stopping at the end like usual. This caused me to only do the first kick and then slide off stage grabbing the ledge.

This seems like it could potentially be useful but I don't know what made it happen. If anyone has any ideas, please share.

Krigar

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure this happens with dash attacks too. Typically, hyphen-Usmash and running-A should make you stop at on the edge, but I believe this sliding-off can happen if you contact somone right at the edge, under some conditions.

I'm not sure what the Usmash could lead into or be useful for yet, but the running-A off the edge after hitting someone can follow up with a knee/aerial at times.

However, I'm no expert on this technique. Seems tough to work with if it requires hitting someone at a perfect timing, but always a setup you can keep an eye out for.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure this happens with dash attacks too. Typically, hyphen-Usmash and running-A should make you stop at on the edge, but I believe this sliding-off can happen if you contact somone right at the edge, under some conditions.

I'm not sure what the Usmash could lead into or be useful for yet, but the running-A off the edge after hitting someone can follow up with a knee/aerial at times.

However, I'm no expert on this technique. Seems tough to work with if it requires hitting someone at a perfect timing, but always a setup you can keep an eye out for.
There was a video a long way back where an opponent shielded a dash attack by the edge, and the pushback knocked him off and Falcon went off too and knee'd him instantly.

Top Bottom