• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Intersting Falco technique, to say the least.

TheX0913

Smash Apprentice
Jersey City, New Jersey; Cornell at Ithaca, New Yo
Alright, so in training I was practicing my SHDL and i decided to play around and do a back flip with falco. At the instance I was going to hit the floor i pressed b and a laser shot out but no sound was made AND it seemed to go slower. I'm sorry I can't upload a video, but i would like for others to try this. This attack could be used as a surprise attack or change up the momentum of battle.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Yeah... that has nothing to do with doing a backflip. If you have the timing perfect and fire just before you land from any jump, a no-frame laser will come out, or what I like to call the silent laser. Nothing new.

Oh, and I don't believe it goes any slower than normal.

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
this is the "no frame laser"

it's pretty impressive

one really cool way to use it I've found is to full hop a forward air, then laser. You need to go FAST. fair as SOON as you leave the ground, then basically mash B. You'll full hop a fair and then instead of getting the fair's landing lag, you land with a no frame laser. It's pretty cool and actually useful in a fight, a lot of opponents think they can punish the fair so they rush in only to take a laser to the face which you can follow up with tons of stuff.

I haven't used this much in actual fights though >_>

Blad01

Smash Lord
The timing is very chancy, 95% of the time you'll end up with a regular grounded laser.
Practice is all you need ! ^^

Serisously no, it won't never result in a grounded laser...
If you perform it a little bit before, you will have 50% (or more for skilled players) chances to do a Silent Laser, 50% to do an Aerial Laser (next to the ground of course, but not SIlent Laser).

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Once you learn the timing it can be done constantly. It just has to be delayed a little longer but not too long.

Top Bottom