• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Internet Court Sign-Up/How to Play thread

D

Deleted member

Internet Court

Remember courts? Well, this is somewhat like it, but it replace the boredom of hours sitting in the seats and make it fun. Internet Court is a game where there are two defendent, two plaintiff, two lawyers and at least six juries. Basically, the game needs at least ten people and I will be accepting four replacements at a time. The mod of the game is the jury. I wiill confirm the guilty or not guilty verdict.

To sign up for a game, do the /in command. Once signitures fill up, I will ask you to confirm in the thread I made using the /confirm command. Then the game starts. I will randomly choose who are the scums, then I will PM it to you, but you may not tell anyone else.

The game will last for at least ten days (Most likely a lot longer, will explain more later) and you have to post at least once a day, or you will be replaced and the game starts all over.

I will describe the secnario that happen that could find the defendent guilty. On the first day, the defendent will be asked to defend himself on why he did not commit the crime and explain why so. The next day, the plaintiff will attempt to explain why the person is guilty of the crime and that he should be punished for it. The third day, the defendent's lawyer will attempt to defend the person he's defending. The fourth day, the plaintiff's lawyer will attempt to refute the claim entirely. Then comes the fifth day when the juries can discuss on the matter on who is guilty. This repeats once with the same thing happening again. Expect on the last day, the juries must decide on if the defendent is guilty or not. You can post either a Guilty or a Not Guilty command. Be warn, you only get one day to do this. The majority decide if the person is guilty of the crime or not. If we do not reach a majority by the end of the day, we enter a hang jury and enter the Night Phase.

If the person is found guilty, he flips guilty and I randomly choose another person or he flips not guilty and I do the same thing. But with the former, I will shine a little light on another person commiting the crime. Either way, he/she may not post in the thread until the game ends.

If he is found not gulity, the defendent can send me the person who he thinks is responsible for the crime. Person responsible for the crime can do the same thing as well.

Then we enter the Night Phase. The people responsible for the crime can cause someone not responsible to be late and not be able to enter for the day. He won't die, but he won't be able to post for the rest of the game.

Then we enter the next Day Phase.

This repeats until either the person responsible gets at least half of the people responsible for the crime of if they remove all threats to the town.

I hope the idea sounds nice. Just in case it catch on, I'll post this as a sign-up thread as well:

Trouble in Mushroom Kingdom:
1. Kirbyoshi

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Not that this is any of my business and I'm sorry for sticking my nose in this...

but did you ask/talk to/got permission from Marshy to put this up? I know I shouldn't ask

but I did. >_>

D

Deleted member

Oh ****, I had no idea that I had to. Sorry about that Marshy.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
SSBF said:
To sign up for a game, do the /in command. Once signitures fill up, I will ask you to confirm in the thread I made using the /confirm command. Then the game starts. If you are one of the people responsible for commiting the crime, I will PM it to you, but you may not tell anyone else.
Um, I think you lack the basic comprehension of the legal system needed to run a game based on the courts.

D

Deleted member

@Kirbyoshi: I'll make sure to add you as soon as possible. You should be seeing your name here by the time you look at the thread again.

(Goes to PM Marshy about this thread)

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Uh, this looks interesting, to say the least. But yeah I don't know if this is going to go through, and the rules seem a bit shaky to me, but I'll still like to see where this goes, if anywhere.

#HBC | Dancer

Not to be rude, but have you tested out this set up, SSBF? As in, do you know it's going to work? It would be a shame if people played this game but half way through we found out something game-breaking about it.

Also sorry for the double post, that's what mafia does to you. :p

D

Deleted member

Uh, this looks interesting, to say the least. But yeah I don't know if this is going to go through, and the rules seem a bit shaky to me, but I'll still like to see where this goes, if anywhere.
This is why there will be additional rules enforced in-game (Also why the game is interchangeable).

Not to be rude, but have you tested out this set up, SSBF? As in, do you know it's going to work? It would be a shame if people played this game but half way through we found out something game-breaking about it.

Also sorry for the double post, that's what mafia does to you. :p
I don't think you need to double post in this thread or in the social thread. Look, I was able to edit my post as well.

But to answer your question, I really have no idea how to test a new concept for new desicive games. Unless I'm wrong, the first game is a test of if it'll work.

D

Deleted member

but you got the idea from somewhere. was it balanced there?

#HBC | Dancer

Okay so if this is a new idea then I think you need to really think about it. New games (that are good) take time to develop. Ask yourself several questions. Is there anything someone might be able to do that breaks the game? Are you going to be able to run the game efficiently? Will people have fun playing it?

As for testing it, then I don't know if I can really help you there, since I don't really fully understand the set up. I guess I would just play out several pretend games first, while trying to do as much new stuff as possible.

Also, if you want to start moderating games, then I would personally suggest you start off hosting a mafia game. I feel it would be familiar territory for you, so it would be a good start. Also, mafia game set up has to be approved first by a mod (as do all games I assume), so that way you will know if the game will run smoothly or not.

D

Deleted member

@Sworddancer: Thank you very much for the suggestions. I'll keep that in mind for now.

As for hosting Mafia games, I think I'll wait a little while until I can get better at it. Right now, I don't see myself as a good player and I'm waiting until I get a decent amount of experience before starting to host a Mafia game.

#HBC | Dancer

I don't think you need to be a good mafia player to host a game. I mean, just look at Xiivi, he's a great host and I don't think he has even played before.

But yeah it's your choice do what you want.

D

Deleted member

I don't think you need to be a good mafia player to host a game. I mean, just look at Xiivi, he's a great host and I don't think he has even played before.
I see your point here, but Xiivi has played in Anime Mafia and Wonderland Mafia, IIRC.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
@Sworddancer: Thank you very much for the suggestions. I'll keep that in mind for now.

As for hosting Mafia games, I think I'll wait a little while until I can get better at it. Right now, I don't see myself as a good player and I'm waiting until I get a decent amount of experience before starting to host a Mafia game.
It's highly suggested that you wait till you get a good feel of Mafia games (and when I mean this, I mean you actually have to know/understand the setup). It's to help keep things organized, and modding a game is a lot different then playing one. It takes commitment and patience, not to mention careful planning.

But yeah it's your choice do what you want.
Xiivi plays, but I hear he mainly perfers to mod games.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
The idea is interesting, but I don't see how this game would work at all.

Like, on what basis will the cases for and against the defendant be constructed? Are you going to provide us with testimonies, evidence, or other types of info and dialogue from which the case of the prosecution and defense can be based? And if so, how can you insure that this information is fair and balanced so that both sides have an equal ability to establish a reasonable argument and thus, make the ultimate vote be based on the persuasiveness and logic behind their arguments, as opposed to just weighted factual evidence?

Also, how will you determine who the first defendant is? Who get to be the lawyers? Are the lawyers permanent? Can their alignment be changed? If so, how do their inherent role conditions of wanting to get the defendant convicted and non convicted in terms of the prosecutor and the defense attorney respectively interact with the ultimate win condition of the "town" of convicting the actual criminal?

Does the criminal only get to expand guilt to another person when an innocent person is convicted? If not, the game is lost immediately upon convicting a non criminal because even at best play the criminals grow by one after every conviction, even if you convict a criminal.

I don't know, this just doesn't seem well developed at all. Too much is either unexplained or just left out of the rules. If you wanna run this you need to be more thorough in your explanation of the game, and put all the rules out there from the very start instead of just relying on the game being "interchangeable" (still not sure what this means) or just enforcing additional rules in-game that no one knows about.

D

Deleted member

This reminds me of trying to get the stock market game going here.
I tried it on SmashNL but the game died due to disinterest.
(I've also played it on Gamefaqs, yes the horrid Gfaqs, and it does work)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
EE shoudl just post logs of our trials

WHEN WE EVER DO THEM :mad:

Top Bottom