• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting........ (Maybe)New tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
[Video]<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL4DFxJLO5M&hl=en&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL4DFxJLO5M&hl=en&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>[/Video]

and if thats doesn't work =P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL4DFxJLO5M

I tried to do it and concluded that it wasn't good 4 Lucario but I can't do it with
Luigi or Sheik either =( so I thought maybe you guys could find out if this is crap or not

on the side note I found that I'm only bad because the chars in my last thread all used
rush tactics D: (Save Snake and zelda) so any tips 4 in-your-face characters.................
other than BAS when they approach.=P

Sorry if old

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I like. I may not know much, but I think this can actually help spacing. Also thought the slope waveland was cool. One thing though. Since this requires walking how easily can this be done in an actual match. Or is just because I'm a button masher that I think I'll have problems with this?

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I posted this in the "Assembly of unfamiliar information" Apparently it's not the greatest with Lucario, but Jeepy may just not have been doing it right. I'll be trying this one out Saturday when I get my wii up and running

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
As far as I know, you cannot do this with Lucario. Technically you can, but it's barely noticeable. I urge everyone, however, to try it, just in case I am doing it wrong.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I'll be trying it Luigi or Sheik first, get it to the level shown in the video then work on Lucario's from there.

culexus・wau

hmm with inti-fan/Millin's new finds on the crawl maybe it will lead to new techs and new mindgames =D

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I don't think you're limited to backwards. The animation will always be backwards but you can always walk in the other direction to start.

culexus・wau

WoW I find it cool that I'm getting praised 4 this =P but is everyone forgetting about my second Question in there?

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I honestly missed it =S

If they're predictable (will always rush and dash attack or rush and short hop attack, use double team) ftilt will stop most approaches, utilt will stop the rest.

Try to keep the game aerial, if he likes to run at you, maybe a jump + dair would be best. Otherwise try to force him into the air, Lucario gets easier to use when he's airborne. nair will stop people from crowding you too. Just remember Lucario's attacks are ranged, not long range, but ranged none-the-less. Make sure to time your attacks so that the end of the hitbox hits them, keep them at a distance.

His crawldash is rather useless, but that waveland could be pretty useful. Don't know how big it is with Lucario, but if it's big then it can be used regardless. But his crawldash sucks.

SpazzerEXE

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, this is pretty cool for Luigi ( [random] I think I'm gonna start seconding him over Falco [/random] ), but I think as far as Luc'y goes, his crawl is more effective than the technique.

As for those who like to rush you down, all I can say is, though it might not be the most glamerous option, but I like to make my game a little more campy.
Usually I spam BAS within reason and when its called for, poke with Ftilt/Dtilt and the occasional backwards DI'ed SHFair. And of course, since they're rushing you that usually means its easier to sucker them into DT so always keep an eye open for that.

Oh this willl most definately work. I of all people have the most faith in this altering Lucario's metagame forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom