• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interest in Marth

Excellence

Smash Champion
I've been trying out and becoming respectably good with almost every character in the game, but still haven't found a secondary for Olimar. I want to narrow down the characters I use, now I've taken an interest to Marth. In Melee, I was at all competitive - I was the guy spamming Up B because it looked cool. Then, I had no idea how popular he was so I liked using him, but now he's become too popular.

What are some reasons you guys use Marth, how fun is he to play, is there a steep lurning curve, and what sets one Marth apart from the next?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
He's fast, has great defense, a nice offense, power from spacing your attacks that a light character normally doesn't have, and has some of his moves refresh decay (DB, during grab)

all around, nice. Refer to Ulevo's post in the sticky of all things you need to know about Marth.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I main Marth because he is fun to play, and the learning curve is great. I was actually gonna main MK before brawl came out, keeping Marth secondary. I did at the start, everyone thought he failed at that time. Once we found how broken he was I went to Marth as my Primary Main. I quit Metaknight for Donkey Kong. I like to feel accomplishment in my wins. Oh and the feeling of a nice dair to end a game ^_^

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I main Marth because he is fun to play, and the learning curve is great. I was actually gonna main MK before brawl came out, keeping Marth secondary. I did at the start, everyone thought he failed at that time. Once we found how broken he was I went to Marth as my Primary Main. I quit Metaknight for Donkey Kong. I like to feel accomplishment in my wins. Oh and the feeling of a nice dair to end a game ^_^
I can say pretty much the exact same thing minus the DK part.

Also, I played Marth towards the end of Melee.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I can say pretty much the exact same thing minus the DK part.

Also, I played Marth towards the end of Melee.
I played Marth like through most of Melee, but with the new characters in Brawl I was gonna change pace and just use Marth secondary. I really like Metaknight as a character, but in Brawl its just GHEY. I was also thinking of using Pit, but I decided his playstyle wasnt to my liking.

Marth is like being able to tell the developers what you want in a character, and them give it to you, its perfect. (In terms of fun, not competiveness, I still want better grab damage and a safe KO move like every other Marth user :laugh:) Marth can live without it, and still be good.

One of the number one reasons is that learning proper spacing is manditory with Marth and its a really good accomplishment in doing so. Spacing = Win = Fun.

I remember using Marth in the first few weeks of Brawl and completely missing my fsmashes cause the range was shortened, being used to Melee. I played Brawl Marth like his Melee counterpart XD.

Anyways, Marth is just fun and like I said Marth users have a'bond' with their character. Oh and the Dancing Blade is just awesome.

Top Bottom