• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completed Instructions: How to disable any actions within the DOL.

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Hello, here are some simple instructions on how to disable any move, like a certain's character special move, or even basic attacks (like down tilt or spot dodge for instance)

800693ac is the adress that is called by every action change. IDK what it does, but it is used to find any new actions.

It's simple: Put a break point in that function, and do a new action (like spot dodge). When it breaks into it, go to the parent function that called this function (by moving back into the stack trace), and BLR the whole function (put a BLR into the first line)

Example with spot dodge:
After the break point, I got called from the adress 80099920.
The start of that function is 800998ec, I replace that line with BLR.

that's all! players can no longer spot dodge. I've done this with success for spot dodge, Spacies shine (they share the same function for their shine), Sheik transformation...

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Wait a minute, couldn't you remove the SpecialFall state with this? In theory, that would send characters into their regular air animation after using an up-b move, correct?

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Wait a minute, couldn't you remove the SpecialFall state with this? In theory, that would send characters into their regular air animation after using an up-b move, correct?
I don't know if it would prevent automatic actions from happening, it the character would return to normal state or stay infinite in the previous state.

Top Bottom