• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instead of Running Attack?

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Simply enough most players utilize pits agility and sprint to your opponent and attack them.

Its just when i do a lot of player shield and grab, and when i played this ice climbers guy he like made them both do two different moves into combos and like meteored me when he was still on the stage. So instead of running attack you can run and Sh D-air. sure if they block it most players come out of the shield at that time either to grab or try to hit you. If you execute it right you will be on the side of them just enough time for a B-air attack
:laugh: . Just thought I'd share that.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
or you can stop your dash by pressing the shield button and that will let you do whatever you want:), but what you suggested is funner and its good to switch things up, so switch between dash, sh dair, sh nair, or just shield at the end of your dash and do whatever ground attack you want

kown

Smash Lord
i think powershield dashing leaves you open more. ( im assuming ps dashing means a quick shield followed by a dash attack). They will just sidestep the attack and attack back. I personally dislike pits dash attack in general but im still open to it for some situations where its necessary to keep the pressure up. in this situation i would like to perform a ps with a sidestep or any of the options i posted above.

WhatIsPie?

Smash Apprentice
I think he means powershielding into anything but a dash attack. And if you manage to powershield their attack, they will experience hitlag while you are free to do anything.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
No, no, no. Shield Dashing is putting on your shield mid Dash in order to cancel Dashing animation.

PowerShield Dashing is Powershielding from your Dash to not only cancel your Dash animation into an attack but to PowerShield your opponents attack.

Top Bottom