• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instead of Heavy Brawl or Regular Brawl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

person701

Smash Journeyman
Let's use Mega, Metal, Light, Brawl with set handicap =D

But seriously, laugh. Why can't we? Is there a problem? Oh yes, another "changing Brawl" topic... or what seems more of a joke in this case xD

But really, why is it so many of us are upset about Brawl not being what Melee was? Besides the major decline in competitiveness, what's so bad? To me, I really don't care. I find it fun to play Melee still, to play a regular Brawl, or to play with heavy gravity.

"Well this is a completly random post <_< So get lost."

Not exactly. The current issue I find is off of this topic right here. It presents a great point. Later in the topic, it's noted that those pro for Melee and con for Brawl (and vise versa) should settle. But how? My first post of the thread (which is in the 40s post count area) states that only time can really settle this, IMO.

But after words I thought, "Is there anyway there's something that could help?" That's what this here topic is for. Let's try to settle our differences here through debating with reason and detail as to which a post doesn't turn out "Brawl is better, Melee sux" and we create an argument off of that.

I'm hoping we could come to conclusions rather than more arguements. Debate with reason. And if you have no backing up your post, get lost, as such undetailed posts aren't wanted. We're not here to troll, flame, or what have you to anyone; we're here to even grounds with both sides. So to start, what do you think the real bug in this arguement is?

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Brawl should become an RPG. Play Slow Stamina Brawl on FD, and make it turn-based--each person gets one hit, and then stands still while the other person attacks. That way you eliminate spamming, camping, and speed advantage all in one go.

N M E

Smash Apprentice
This going to turn into another Brawl vs melee debate.

Anyway all I can say is give the game time and it develop OR nothing will happen and we'll just keep tripping in to IKE's forward smash

MetaAlex

Smash Rookie
The way i see it, If your Pro you'll be able to master brawl all over again just like you mastered melee. Becasue No matter how you look at Brawl is melee's successor and if you cant take it then your gonna get left behind.

cjrocker

Smash Ace
Another thread trying to accomplish something.
Really though, it's just too hard for this community to accept both Brawl and Melee as Smash games. All I've seen is Melee supporters bashing Brawl for taking away it's people. I've yet to see one post from a Brawler bashing Melee for idiotic reasons (granted I haven't looked,) but I'd love to be proved wrong.
Either way change won't happen anytime soon.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
The only correct way to play brawl is through FAST brawl. Melee players would appreciate HEAVY FAST brawl. Nothing else is fun.

Regular brawl is way too slow. So slow in fact it can benefit from having the announcer from the N64 pokemon stadium games.

"jigglypuff used sing!"
"Ganon went to sleep!"
"Ganon is fast asleep!"
"jigglypuff used side B!"
"A strong attack!"
"Ganon used reverse warlock punch!"
"Critical hit!"
"jigglypuff feinted!"
"Ganon earned 1,000 exp!"

"WHAT!? Ganon is evolving!"
*music*
"Ganon evolved into SNAKE!"

Snail

Smash Lord
The only correct way to play brawl is through FAST brawl. Melee players would appreciate HEAVY FAST brawl. Nothing else is fun.

Regular brawl is way too slow. So slow in fact it can benefit from having the announcer from the N64 pokemon stadium games.

"jigglypuff used sing!"
"Ganon went to sleep!"
"Ganon is fast asleep!"
"jigglypuff used side B!"
"A strong attack!"
"Ganon used reverse warlock punch!"
"Critical hit!"
"jigglypuff feinted!"
"Ganon earned 1,000 exp!"

"WHAT!? Ganon is evolving!"
*music*

"Ganon evolved into SNAKE!"
xD Oh how I hated that announcer. "It's a hit!" No duh.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Unfortunately, this is just fuel to a fire.

Sorries mangz, debate in the few melee/brawl threads that are open. However, a crackdown is starting, so beware/warn others not to spam the melee/brawl threads (like how this one got killed) lest they be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom