• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INSTAtransform?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I have no idea what the hell happened, but some time ago, I was playing on Smashville on a multibrawl (I can't remember if it was 3 or 4 players) as Zelda/Shiek, switching back and forth every so often, and one time, she instantly transformed in a single spin, COMPLETELY SKIPPING THE FLASH OF LIGHT NORMALLY. I have no idea how the hell this happened. I have no idea of any details around it, but I know one thing. It sure as hell happened, and I am absolutely baffled as to the cause.

BTW: I think I went from Shiek to Zelda when it happened.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Simple. The Wii can cache some of the character data for some of the time*, and if you're transforming often, then it doesn't take special computer design for the Wii to eventually come to load the data (Human-)instantly.

We also know loading Zelda is quicker than loading Sheik.

Had you transformed just before the insta-mutation?

*I'm assuming something about the Wii without knowing anything about how it works, other than that it's a computer, and knowing all computers are the same.

S2

Smash Lord
This has been documented in other topics on this board.

The load time is based on various things. If you have all Sheiks and Zeldas there is practically now load time at all. If there is just 1 Zelda, it'll take the maximum time to load. Even longer if there are other factors (game's loading a pokemon, AT, and say, Warioman all at the same time).

None of the changing tricks are tournament legal or allowed (unpractical and time consuming). We just have to deal with the long transformation load.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
This has been documented in other topics on this board.

The load time is based on various things. If you have all Sheiks and Zeldas there is practically now load time at all. If there is just 1 Zelda, it'll take the maximum time to load. Even longer if there are other factors (game's loading a pokemon, AT, and say, Warioman all at the same time).

None of the changing tricks are tournament legal or allowed (unpractical and time consuming). We just have to deal with the long transformation load.
Ah, thanks. I was just wondering what had happened.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the amount of Zeldas and Sheiks doesn't really matter, I mean it does but it doesn't make loading faster. So if you have one Zelda and 3 Sheiks,(transforming from Zelda to Sheik) it won't make loading any faster than simply having one Zelda and one Sheik.

What does make loading faster is whether the Zeldas or Sheiks are the same colors as your Zelda and Sheik(you can have multiples of the same colors in online match or in team brawl).

I noticed this before and posted it here.

Here's why and how it happens.

If there is another Zelda or Sheik that is the same color as yours(except they're lighter or darker), you will transform nearly instantly(0.5 seconds).

So if you have a Red Zelda and a Red Sheik, if that Red Zelda transform to Sheik, she will transform nearly instantly.

Though there needs to be a Zelda(or Sheik) present in current game for the transformation to load faster/instantly. If you want to transform from Zelda to Sheik faster, there needs to be someone else playing Sheik currently(for example).

Though, this also occurs if there is a different colored Zelda. If there is a Red Zelda and a Blue Sheik, Zelda will transform about twice as fast as usual(about 1-1.5 seconds) but not instantly.

Kind of makes you wonder if the developers meant for Zelda to transform instantly.

Because I really don't see why they would base the transformation time on loading times, they should have made it a static time and preloaded both Zelda and Sheik in the match.

Extremenerd

Smash Apprentice
So unlike melee, this is actually a computer loading data? This isn't lag on the move? How can this possibly be justified? And it is one hell of a step back in the technology department.

HellToupee

Smash Rookie
Will the transformation be quicker if you've previously used Zelda/Sheik in the match?

S2

Smash Lord
I don't think so.

Yeah, any character transformation time is literally just the game using a stalling animation while it loads. If they were to make a Wii 2 (like a new system) that had a fast loading feature for Wii games, the loading on these moves would be effected.

Its stupid, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Top Bottom