• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant Edge Grab

RPK

Smash Lord
Im sure everyone else can do this, but I found it with sonic so I might as well say it. When running towards the edge of a stage, if you do a half circle back right as you reach the edge and are about to fall off, you will fall off and instantly grab the edge. Its a good way to edge guard people if they flew all the way across and are coming back plus its sonic...and well...:psycho:

RPK

Smash Lord
well this is while running towards the edge without stopping. Im trying and feeling ******** cause I can do that ._. I just fall straight forward after doing a run or stopping right at the edge

This guy is onto something, I think. Sonic can't "hug" the edge effectively because of his ludicrous run speed.

And this is better than a Wave Dash for catching the edge quickly. He goes straight from his full run momentum into the ledge grab.

Surprise edgeguard from super hell?

By the way, you don't have to half circle. Just hit down as you fall.

Acidictadpole

Smash Cadet
I think the main reason it seems like people can't do this is because you're holding away from the stage while running off it. While holding away or down, you don't grab ledges at all, so that would probably contribute to it..

See if you can run at the edge of the stage and neutral the stick just before you fall off.. and see if you grab on..

Without the fast fall, you just fly off the stage. Waaaaaay too far away to catch the edge.

So neutral or towards the stage won't work. You HAVE to tap down as soon as you are off the edge. The timing isn't too hard to get down after a few minutes in training mode.

LuCKy

Smash Master
this man speaks the truth sonic can't just hug by holding back....or at least i can't.The half circle thing is too good when you do it right you fast fall and grab the edge like instantly

good job if you discovered this on your own ^__^

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
RPK, I've been trying to figure this out for the past couple days, after doing it once on accident. I think I might marry you, as this is going to help IMMENSELY with edgeguarding, due to Sonic's stupid amount of invincibility frames and amazing edgeguarding abilities.

Seriously, man, I love you. I'm gonna need to practice this a little, so I can make sure to do it when it matters most. ♥

LuCKy

Smash Master
intermin just make sure you do the half circle fast.......i mean like fast lol and i think holding back is the most important part

Top Bottom