• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant Double Jump Cancelling, Disgusting.

Fabulous

Smash Cadet
I have just recently picked up mewtwo as a main, and discovered the instant double jump cancel.

The is a video of my mewtwo when I was first learning the instant double jump cancel with mewtwo, in this case with a fair. 15 seconds into the video, and it set me up nicely for the upsmash i followed up with.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5stpR37E4FE

I can now proficiently IDJC my fairs and should have vids up soon.
I think IDJC fair on mewtwo is disgusting, esp for setting up combos, i wish i followed with a Shffld fair then possibly a DJC fair if he didnt di.
This combo should prove nasty on fast fallers.

Also the IDJC bair, great for edgeguarding, and also some good range whoring.

Again, imma try to get more video footage of this, hopefully soon, post some if you have.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Yep, the insDJC is super useful with M2. His Fair is just perfect for it. Only Peach's Nair is as good, but they're apples and oranges, I guess.

Try insDJC Fair to Shadowball Charge to grab. THAT's sweetness.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
not new. rather, very old

instantDJC fair : yes, its great for connecting combos.
espcially when dtilt doesnt lift them high enough to follow up.

instantDJC bair is nice for edgeguarding although you have other more reliable options. not much other use.

instantDJC uair connects into many things. fairly versitile.

instantDJC nair also connects and combos, apparently the last hit has a fairly ideal knockback. I believe m2king showed some really weird mewtwo combos at some point.

edit:
i cant find that mew2king training mode clip
guys wana try help me find? was thinking of throwing that into compendium

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
N-air has something like 13 frames of lag, but when opponent location and DI are ideal, it can link to something cool or a tech chase. I tend to use it when reverse grabs won't quite work and I want a get off me move.

Fabulous

Smash Cadet
I am aware that I did not create this technique, and that it is not new.
Perhaps my wording was wrong by using the word discovered, rather than learned how to or something along the lines of that.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
*on your vid: Learn your L canceling a LOT first by the vid anyway

Most M2 players don't spam it (iDJC Fair) due to its lack of range I think. Idk the actual reason though. It's easy for me.

Fabulous

Smash Cadet
Whats disgusting is that vid, thats one of my first matches after I switched my main to mewtwo, and have been practicing my tech with mewtwo.

Things I know I need to improve, esp from the video.
-Hit all L-Cancels
-I rolled a horrid amount, which should have been wavedashes.
-Recovering back onto the map, and some LCT.
-Mind Games
-I have also learned to "teleport *****" as my freinds call it.
-My spacing is also improving and I've been getting alot more fairs and good bairs.

These are pretty much all of the points I'm working on,
Im going to a tourney in Lake Mary on saturday and hopefully can get a few new matches recorded for critique.

Moreover, Airo, I see that the IDJC isnt always neccessary, and one could just shuffle the fair, but cant you IDJC a fair, then after L-canceling that, hit the shuffled fair? Then DJC another attack, following DI, maybe even a third fair, or a nair? This should work with most characters at certain percentages.
P.S. LCT is sexy.
Thanks.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
LCT is so ****ing hard. I did it twice on FD in training... but couldn't do anymore.

Ftilt/Uair are my moves with M2, creativity is fun. Uair is great with platforms, etc.

Top Bottom