• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Installing fonts on GIMP?

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Hallo there. I would like some help with GIMP 2, if you know how to work it.

I know GIMP comes with a bunch of fonts (none of them very good imo). Regardless, I found a cool font i want to use in GIMP with making a picture, but i can't figure out how to add a font into GIMP. I looked into the fonts folder in GIMP, but i couldn't find where to place the font file.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Are you on Windows? iirc GIMP just used the operating system fonts folder, so you can install fonts by, well, installing them ("Install new font" menu option in C:\Windows\Fonts folder, or "Install font" context menu option on a font file if you're running Windows 7).

Sariku

Smash Master
Are you on Windows? iirc GIMP just used the operating system fonts folder, so you can install fonts by, well, installing them ("Install new font" menu option in C:\Windows\Fonts folder, or "Install font" context menu option on a font file if you're running Windows 7).
This. This is how I use GiMP and you just install fonts onto Windows, and not the software itself.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
O_O i just failed majorly.

I was about to say i already tried that and it didn't work. Turns out i just didn't look hard enough for it after i installed it. :facepalm:

Thanks for the help anyway tho ^^'

Top Bottom