• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Installation Process

Bude

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys,

First off let me tell you that what you have created looks awesome. I always enjoyed Melee but could not really get into brawl. That said I am not very good (basically just a Button masher lol). I want to use this opportunity to have fun and get better.

I already have a softmodded Wii (PAL). I did this quite some time ago though. I know I have a Homebrew Channel and Gecko OS, but I have no idea what cIOS I have. Unfortunately my Disc Drive is dying, so I got a backup of the NTSC Disc on my USB Stick.
But how do i proceed ? And what is the difference between Hackless/Homebrew/Riivolution.

Thanks in advance.

Bude

Bude

Smash Rookie
Hey MonkUnit,

I am sorry. I will seek assistance regarding that topic on the irc - thank you.

I still dont get what Riivolution is and what it offers. Should I get that and stay with my homebrew channel/gecko OS or does it not even matter and I could just use the hackless Version ?

Bude

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
If you have an NTSC-U Brawl disc, you can use Gecko OS, hackless, or Riivolution. However, because your disc reader is dying, I suggest switching to a USB loader and you can go to the IRC for help with that.

Top Bottom