• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inside the Bomb Shop - The Toon Link Social Thread

Which Toon Link Color Are you?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Post the replay on here. I have a capture card thats ready to record, message me on smashboards and point out at what point this thing happens

Edit: Oh wait, this is known... If you run up to a ledge and up b at the right frame you get aerial up b, this was in brawl. Nothing new

Last edited by a moderator:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Post the replay on here. I have a capture card thats ready to record, message me on smashboards and point out at what point this thing happens

Edit: Oh wait, this is known... If you run up to a ledge and up b at the right frame you get aerial up b, this was in brawl. Nothing new
wait, it was? that's a bummer.

well, I'm not going to waste this footage, I'll have it uploaded here in a sec I guess.

EDIT: by sec I meant half hour, gotta render and upload it, and my upload speed from here is kinda slow, soeey

this should be it, the thing I was talking about caused the last KO so naturally its at the ending.

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
Yeah this is something that you could even do in Melee. Running off the stage and up-Bing at the right time gave you the aerial version of the move. I hadn't thought of applying it to T.Link because it really had very little application in Melee as Link or Y.Link due to how their spin attacks worked. In P:M it could be an incredibly useful technique because you drop with the powerful hitbox instead of rise making for some strong edgeguard capabilities and possibly a new way to kill on stage if you drop from platforms.

Last edited:

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
That is actually really neat. Being able to have such a strong hitbox out before grabbing the ledge like that.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, so i'm working on AGTing multiple times. I've managed to get three tosses while exhausting my second jump. any tips on this? and is it maybe different in 3.0 than other versions? or can he still AGT 6 times?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
You can AGT infinitely providing you don't land on the floor or die. It works the same in 3.0

Last edited:

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
So I was watching aero play toon link and his tink is super fun to watch. He uses the entire jab and combo and grounded up b far more than I, meaning using them at all. What does everyone here think of those moves.

D

Deleted member

The entire jab combo is great, toonlinks jab can be cancelled into something or completed and it is still amazing.
Grounded up b is also amazing because you can't SDI it, so its a good oos option. Both of these are really good and will be fine if integrated into your neutral game/play style

B.W.

Smash Champion
Actually opponents can SDI grounded up B I'm pretty sure.

You can't do it down though.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
i've started to use up b grounded a lot as of today

sorry for being a non believer lunchables
also grats on 5th buddy

jolteon's up b grounded fall off platform/edge is soooooooooo good, it works as a silly gimmicky edge guard sometimes hehehehe

B.W.

Smash Champion
I think GHNeko and I used to be the only ones who knew grounded up-B was good. Up-B OoS was like a day 1 broken strat

D

Deleted member

I never watched videos/learned it from ghneko. I did it myself, but I never shared my secret
ITS SOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeah I used to make fun of Neko for using it... how ironic. <.<

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jolt is a fraud
Lunchables/Neko >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aliami > Jolt

Top Bottom