• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Innovation with Ganon.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Have people just given up on trying to find new things with Ganon? I don't hit tournaments much at all but I've seen vids and you guys suck. Haha, I say that jokingly but come on where did all the techs go? I play alone and find new things and my play style changes constantly. I don't follow the meta game much but there has to be someone out there bold enough to do new things and play good. Where are you and post some vids.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Have people just given up on trying to find new things with Ganon? I don't hit tournaments much at all but I've seen vids and you guys suck. Haha, I say that jokingly but come on where did all the techs go? I play alone and find new things and my play style changes constantly. I don't follow the meta game much but there has to be someone out there bold enough to do new things and play good. Where are you and post some vids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7McRHyxkDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f097AXiAsw4

Linguini

Smash Master
My *****! Ive been coming up with some redic. stuff, some based on the stuff you taught me and some on my own. Recently ive been implementing those platform cancel shenanigans you taught me at ROM2.

haha i got someone with the triple uair that you invented the other day it was sooo dope. We got to chat it up sometime to discuss important matters dude

warlock-don-mia24

Smash Journeyman
who really uses the high till wit ganon when someone is on the platform i dont really see no one using this it can be use to start combos or mindgames with uair and bair mix it up im about to start doing that

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i do some fun stuff...

like uair people onto platforms and autocancel into the turnaround for the opposite uair to get them off stage.

i'm trying to work out to see if uair into autocancel turn bair can work out, but i think that would take some special combo DI on the opponents part.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Just in general, tumble recovery I think is overlooked, but I think it's something Ganon users in particular should think about.

When you're knocked upwards, Ganon only has a few options for avoiding juggles since he kinda sucks at attacking below him. By doing tumble recovery, you don't have to commit to an aerial or jump to regain the option of airdodge or landing normally.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Its good to get in the habit of uair'ing immediately when you have time/get knocked high enough so you'll be harder to hit and you can waveland when you land instead of being forced to tech.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Fun tricks eh? Umm.. I'm not sure. I just try to incorporate everything I've seen and experienced that's good.. and then use everything in one match depending on the situation. Like condense everything together.. it's tough but it's doable if you want to beat anybody.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Fun tricks eh? Umm.. I'm not sure. I just try to incorporate everything I've seen and experienced that's good.. and then use everything in one match depending on the situation. Like condense everything together.. it's tough but it's doable if you want to beat anybody.
in short: be kage.

spider sense, I love your ganon dude. so flashy. Gvice has some sick stuff too, I like his combo work especially, his devour taught me a couple nice tricks.

TobiasTruth

Smash Rookie
Hey guys!!! my boy Bizzaro Flame has all the tricks!!! He just beat silent spectre in a tourney last week. too bad it wasnt recorded! Look out for this guy!

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
Have you seen this one Tip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9HuloCHwm4

G. Vice is getting really good. Be on the lookout for the sequel to his combo vid, coming soon.
Since I just got done playing IHSB in tournament, I can appreciate just how smart G.Vice is playing here. Before, I didn't really give him enough credit, but this dude is sick. *studies vids*

Oh, one innovative thing I have been doing for the past couple of years is.....walk away fsmash. Yes, you read right. I generally only use it once per player, but it's sooo funny cuz it ALWAYS hits the first time.

I had a set against Dart's Marth and I was trying to get him to approach. I was being all flashy and shiv, but then I just stopped and started walking away slowly. As soon as he came after me with a fair, I used fsmash to dodge it and hit him. He lol-ed. :)

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm going to sound like a complete noob here, but I just found out about buffer rolls and shield dropping this past weekend...

Loving platforms so much, I feel like that shield dropping with Ganon man be the next big thing...at least for me. It gives me better techchasing options, not to mention it's just cool. Buffer rolls are really nice...but that's not innovative.

And ACE, as always you got my back <3 but yes Devour 2 does come out soon, as does Linguini's combo vid, so hopefully it'll contain some stuff we can learn with.

My most recent video is with Iori's Mewtwo, as well as team matches(coming soon) with IHSB in a tourney we had last weekend. Check them out guys!

Me vs Iori ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTPfIeVRbu4

Fun times with IHSB ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9jNqmC211c

Superspright

Smash Lord
Just something that is probably known, but I haven't had the pleasure of seeing it. But on BF, if you FH dair someone and edge-cancel, you can pull off a uair right after tossing them off the stage. Works at low percents and when they don't di wildly away, even though I don't know if you can miss with this on at least one hitbox.

So basically, dair comes out, hits on frame 17(IIRC), cancels, uair starts, then that hits in 7 frames. So in 7(or adding for the windup of the dair, 24) frames you've done 30+ damage.

Top Bottom