• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squid Inkling Moveset Data (Preliminary) Updated: Added Some Ink-formation

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
That would make sense. Wondering if Inkling becomes inked and does it have the same effect for the player who reflected it?

It would be even cooler if the color of the ink became the player port color (eg. First player's reflected ink becomes red, 2nd player blue, etc.).
Good idea and theory. I can see this happening. So, VS reflectors you can’t be too careless.

Sorry fellas, I was busy with my last undergrad semester. Now that the game is out and it's the final week tho, I've been hard at work updating all the data. I'm almost done, I mostly just need figure out some uncertanties with Splat Bomb (which may be completely outdated) and get the FAF/landing lag for Super Jump, along with a few move durations. However, the sheet embedded in the OP should reflect the up-to-date data I've been entering.

Some interesting things -
If you release the stick on Splat Roller, then you can begin to re-accelerate starting on F31. Since the damage is dependent on your velocity, at the very beginning of the re-acceleration, you'll do less than the base max speed (13.2%), but if you hit somebody at the peak of the re-acceleration, you can deal MORE. Based on my testing, I believe the maximum damage this way is 19.x%. It's hard to pull off though, because the window is small, but it's interesting nevertheless.

Another thing related to the Roller: you can input either B or jump during hitlag when you collide with someone to begin the cancelling animation during hitlag. This saves you one frame essentially and is a way to "buffer" the cancel so you have as much advantage over a buried opponent as possible. Keep in mind though that you can't begin cancelling Roller until F30, so give yourself some space when starting.

Finally, training mode says you can combo a non-burying Roller hit into a Fair at low-mid percents.

If you short hop a minimum shots Splattershot, then you will land without lag, since Inkling has 40 frames of air time when short hopping, and Splattershot has an earliest FAF of 36. Or you can jump again before hitting the ground. If you do a full jump though, then you have enough extra air time to hit with NAir before landing, so that's pretty cool.

If you don't have any Ink, you can just press B or down B to start charging, instead of shield + B. You still have to hold B though. If you run out of Ink while firing the Splattershot but pressed B twice quickly (holding B the second time), then you'll automatically start filling up your tank again when you run out.

Seems Inkling got a mix of buffs and needs from the pre-release builds and now. Nothing major, mostly a few damage and frame adjustments, and certain moves using Ink sooner. Most importantly though, it looks like the damage multiplier in a fully Inked target was nerfed, from ×1.8 to ×1.5. I'll double check this but I'm fairly certain.

Finally, I'd like to close this out by asking for everyone's opinion on the formatting. I reworked the Ink consumption units to just percents since the tank fills up in exactly 100F, so how would be the easiest (as in, most understandable) way to show this on moves? Smashes and aerials already have stuff like short hopped and no-Ink damages, so I don't want to clutter it up to much. Open to opinions!

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Not sure where else to post it, but here's Inkling's data on block (done by hand, apologies if I'm wrong on anything). First number is shield stun, second is its advantage out of shield

Jab1: 3 (-13)
Jab2: 3 (-16)
Jab3: 4 (-21)
Jab Ender: 5 (-38~)
FTilt: 9 (-17)
DTilt1: 4 (-22)
DTilt2: 7 (-12)
UTilt: 7 (-21)
FSmash: 10 (-24)
DSmash1: 9 (-40)
DSmash2: 8 (-22)
USmash1: 4 (-45)
USmash2: 11 (-29)
Dash Attack: 12 (-16)
Nair: 3 (-2)
Bair: 4 (-2)
Bair (staled twice): 3 (-3)
Fair: 5 (-7)
Uair1: 3 (-3)
Uair2: 3 (-3)
Dair: 4 (-8)
Side B: 11 (-24 on instant cancel, -7 on jump cancel)

That Roller value assumes that you're past the cancel window of 31, will be more negative otherwise.

Roller Data
Doing actions as soon as possible
Side B insta cancel FAF: 66
Can cancel from: 31
Airborne: 39
Can act out of jump: 48
Instant AD down FAF: 82

How long the cancels take in general
Cancel FAF: 36
Jump FAF: 18
Jump instant AD down FAF: 52

These numbers probably already exist somewhere, just including them here cuz why not. Also, I made a thread about Up Throw combo stuff, if people are interested in that sort of thing.

EDIT: Added Bair's value when staled, as that move ends up staled quite often. It has 1 frame less shield stun when staled twice. Tyvm to Sabaca for labbing that

Last edited:
Roller cancel frame data is included in the OP, under the "specials" tab of the document. You'll notice my values are one frame sooner than yours; that's because I consider the frame before an action begins as the true FAF, since you're essentially back in neutral and that is your earliest "F0".

Didn't have the block data though, good stuff! I have a question regarding aerials though. How did you time them hitting shield? Did you time them so they hit shield with the least number of frames remaining until you land? Is landing lag taken into account? I've been wanting to mine these out myself as well, but these questions have kept me from even starting. For example, my disadvantage on block with FAir will be different if I hit a shield while rising vs. if I hit a shield while already falling close to the ground.

Also, updated the OP with Splat Bomb release info and preliminary damage calculations. I'm still gonna double check the damage formula without the 1v1 multiplier though.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
I ran the numbers with the shield stun formula, which is this:

(DMG * 0.8 * Multiplier) + 2

Then the multiplier is:
0.725 for Smash Attacks
0.33 for Aerials
0.29 for Projectiles

...And something else for Dash Attacks. They have weirdly high, irregular shield stun in this game. After that, I did stuff manually just to double check. So for aerials, I just went frame by frame in training and held shield with another controller. I counted the shield stun values (it's the frame the distortion-esque effect starts to end and pushback begins) by just releasing shield on the other controller. It didn't matter if I got the frame before landing - I already know what the landing lag values are, so it's just subtracting the shield stun from the FAF/landing lag on all the moves. The aerial values are assuming you land frame perfectly next to the ground, and then obviously you can add one extra frame for every frame higher off the ground.

But yeah, your values on block will be different if you hit rising, but that's why I included the shield stun values. Idk the autocancel window on Inkling Fair or how long Inkling SHFF is, but if we find out, we can just subtract the shield stun. Most rising aerials tend to be unsafe, but I guess it depends. So, in the case of rising Nair into landing Nair/Bair, that first Nair is -21 OoS. We generally weave around when we do it though, which makes actually punishing it kind of an awkward task, but it also means that crossup Nair to landing Bair isn't as good as you'd expect (nearly any rising aerial in the game can punish that).

ande

Smash Cadet
Is there anywhere already a hitbox visualization for inkling?
Would really appreciate a link or mayby someone could make a thread or post it here

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
^ I would certainly like to visualize how the Inkling's up air works. Or rather, doesn't most of the time.

Top Bottom