• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - CEO 2014 Initial questions thread by Jebailey

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
All I'm seeing in that video is a tournament full of people that absolutely never play Brawl and that would never come to CEO. What's your point?
There was plenty of players that would enter CEO there. Maybe.
This was just my last hope that Brawl would be included in the line up. I know it wasn't a good one.

Edit: I checked the link and it works.

Last edited:

smashmachine

Smash Lord
There was plenty of players that would enter CEO there. Maybe.
This was just my last hope that Brawl would be included in the line up. I know it wasn't a good one.

Edit: I checked the link and it works.
uh, I'm with Eikelmann on this one, it's essentially a Gamestop tournament
besides we all know they were really there for the PS4 :awesome:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
May Brawl be a side event? Please
With Apex 2014 rules?

@ S smashmachine , and @ Эикельманн [РУС] Эикельманн [РУС]
But there are players who only attend those store tourneys that I think would enter this one.

And I have seen players who came from these tourneys that now enter other
Brawl tourneys. And yes, I know for sure that they started out at these tourneys. Most of the guys you see in the video are regular Brawl tourney entrants at this store.. So they do play Brawl regularly.

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Is there a list of side tournamnets?
A full schedule of games will be posted in early May. Please stay tuned. Are there any games in specific that you were curious about? Side events can also be a pretty spontaneous thing, similar to how other big FGC events have rooms for exclusively casual play. You can bring a setup of your favourite competitive game and host a side tournament of your own if enough people have interest. It's not uncommon for Mario Kart or some odd wrestling game to have side tournaments the day of the event. :bee:

When the full schedule IS posted, you can expect Jebailey to post about it here. It will also be shown at http://ceogaming.org/schedule

Last edited:

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Are there any other hotels within walking distance that might be a little cheaper?
You can honestly try searching International Drive, but being the last week of June and that area is packed with tourists you may not find anything much cheaper. Anything like 60-80 bucks a night will be a couple miles away, I know this from experience when the CEO hotel sells out. This hotel is normally $159 or more a night because of the renovations.

Bizzerk

Smash Rookie
CRTs provided by the community. Working on an incentive or a little piece of memorabilia to give everyone that helps bring a setup that only they will get.

Even though I initially discovered how well the Avermedia LGP could take a Wii and convert playing melee onto an EVO monitor or monitor with HDMI without lag, it's much easier to just get CRT's than to worry about any of those malfunctioning, setting them up via a laptop(They are by default set to taking HDMI systems and not component first.) or just gathering like 60 of those PLUS Monitors which is like $400 worth of equipment.
"without lag" can you explain? Lag as in no delay for the competitors? They need to be positive in the future there is 0 lag for players before making the switch from CRT which everyone has used for 10 years or more for competition in melee.

Revven

FrankerZ
"without lag" can you explain? Lag as in no delay for the competitors? They need to be positive in the future there is 0 lag for players before making the switch from CRT which everyone has used for 10 years or more for competition in melee.
Did you read the MIOM article on it? Or, even heard that Mr. Wizard brought a setup to Super Smash Sundays and none of the players there had any problems playing on it?

It's proven to work. The issue is that the screen can black out intermittently and that's what would be keeping them from being used at a tournament like CEO. The only reason they're being looked into is because tournaments like CEO, MLG, and EVO would like to use the same monitors across all the games -- convenience factor and saves everyone the trouble of bringing stuff.

Last edited:

Bizzerk

Smash Rookie
Did you read the MIOM article on it? Or, even heard that Mr. Wizard brought a setup to Super Smash Sundays and none of the players there had any problems playing on it?

It's proven to work. The issue is that the screen can black out intermittently and that's what would be keeping them from being used at a tournament like CEO. The only reason they're being looked into is because tournaments like CEO, MLG, and EVO would like to use the same monitors across all the games -- convenience factor and saves everyone the trouble of bringing stuff.
No I didn't read any article on it, hence why I asked in ignorance. You can't blame me for being skeptical. I'd prefer CRT's either way just because it's what I am used to playing on but if there is 0 frame delay and no other issues ( screen blackouts) then I'm sure it'd be fine

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
No I didn't read any article on it, hence why I asked in ignorance. You can't blame me for being skeptical. I'd prefer CRT's either way just because it's what I am used to playing on but if there is 0 frame delay and no other issues ( screen blackouts) then I'm sure it'd be fine
No worries you didn't know. I'm not gonna explain it in full again but it works, but I still think CRT's are the way to go until CRT options are totally out of the question. I've had tons of players try the LGP method and it was completely playable compared to a CRT without issue, I honestly never noticed any black outs on the screen but still it's near impossible to get 20-30 of those things running smoothly in a venue so it's not worth doing yet.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Doubles is scheduled for Friday as far as I know. Not on stream or anything but yea.

Last edited:

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Yes Both PM/Melee will have Doubles starting on Friday around 1/2 and must finish on Friday. All of Singles are Saturday/Sunday for PM/Melee. More details closer to the event but you would simply sign up for teams at the door Friday when you arrive.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Do you need to pass any preliminaries to get in?
And also, can you tell me if there will be singles, doubles, etc?

You see, I need to know as much information as I can so that I may hopefully come to CEO. I really want to meet new people and experience how they do in the games, and I really, really want to experience Melee/PM competitors in full-action. If there's any time you can give me the full info, please tell me, because I am raring to go.

TheAntonello

Smash Rookie
When is actual sign in for singles and where in Orlando is the tournament?

Last edited:

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
what does ceo stand for
Oh I didnt read th thread oops too bad I cant delete my own posts?!

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Do you need to pass any preliminaries to get in?
And also, can you tell me if there will be singles, doubles, etc?

You see, I need to know as much information as I can so that I may hopefully come to CEO. I really want to meet new people and experience how they do in the games, and I really, really want to experience Melee/PM competitors in full-action. If there's any time you can give me the full info, please tell me, because I am raring to go.
No preliminaries.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
what does it mean to be a cross smash player?
I believe it helps the tournament staff pick a suitable time for you. Smash and the other Fighting Games (SF4, Marvel, KOF, etc.) are in separated rooms, so if both of your pools start at a reasonable close time from each other, there can be trouble finding you.

So in short, being a "cross smash player" means you entered a Smash game (PM, Melee) and another Fighting Game (SF4, Marvel, KOF, VF5, SC5, BBCP, DOA, etc.).

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I believe it helps the tournament staff pick a suitable time for you. Smash and the other Fighting Games (SF4, Marvel, KOF, etc.) are in separated rooms, so if both of your pools start at a reasonable close time from each other, there can be trouble finding you.

So in short, being a "cross smash player" means you entered a Smash game (PM, Melee) and another Fighting Game (SF4, Marvel, KOF, VF5, SC5, BBCP, DOA, etc.).
I was always curious about that. Explains it well thank you.

Top Bottom