• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Initial Piranha Plant Frame Data

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm sure this will be data extracted eventually, but here's some starter numbers until we get that... No, I'm not measuring landing lag or attack cooldown or the start-up of "rekka" moves (like ftilt 2 or jab 2); someone else can do that.

Jab - 2
Ftilt - 7
Utilt - 8 (won't hit grounded Mario aside you until f10, seems to hit a BF platform above you on f9)
Dtilt - 9
Fsmash - 16
Fsmash Charge Release - 11
Usmash - 12
Usmash Charge Release - 6
Dsmash - 12 (front) / 16 (rear)
Dsmash Charge Release - 7 (front) / 11 (rear)
Dash Attack - 7

Standing Grab - 6
Running Grab - 9
Pivot Grab - 9

Nair - 8
Fair - 10
Bair - 14
Uair - 7
Dair - 9

Nspecial (Ptooie) - 9 (as an anti-air, direct above the plant)
Sspecial (Poison Breath) - 23 (released, first tick of damage, some windboxes before this point)
Uspecial (Piranhacopter) - 13
Dspecial (Long Stem Strike) - 20 (no charge)

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Nice work as always. Piranha Plant is honestly really nice. He has a bit of nuance, especially in his two hit combo Ftilt, his Ptooie is very complicated without being overbearing, and his Piranhacopter is hilarious when you get someone caught in it. Poison Breath does a hefty amount of damage too.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
His aerials seem to have pretty bad endlag (So much that you can't auto-cancel any of them out of shorthop) which is the only thing that concerns me.

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
His aerials seem to have pretty bad endlag (So much that you can't auto-cancel any of them out of shorthop) which is the only thing that concerns me.
I'm pretty sure you can autocancel UAir.

EDIT: Just checked. You can. In fact, you can autocancel even without the shorthop attack shortcut.

Last edited:

Kersey

Smash Rookie
I'm sure this will be data extracted eventually, but here's some starter numbers until we get that... No, I'm not measuring landing lag or attack cooldown or the start-up of "rekka" moves (like ftilt 2 or jab 2); someone else can do that.

Jab - 2
Ftilt - 7
Utilt - 8 (won't hit grounded Mario aside you until f10, seems to hit a BF platform above you on f9)
Dtilt - 9
Fsmash - 16
Fsmash Charge Release - 11
Usmash - 12
Usmash Charge Release - 6
Dsmash - 12 (front) / 16 (rear)
Dsmash Charge Release - 7 (front) / 11 (rear)
Dash Attack - 7

Standing Grab - 6
Running Grab - 9
Pivot Grab - 9

Nair - 8
Fair - 10
Bair - 14
Uair - 7
Dair - 9

Nspecial (Ptooie) - 9 (as an anti-air, direct above the plant)
Sspecial (Poison Breath) - 23 (released, first tick of damage, some windboxes before this point)
Uspecial (Piranhacopter) - 13
Dspecial (Long Stem Strike) - 20 (no charge)
Doesn't standing grab come out frame 2?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Doesn't standing grab come out frame 2?
No, jab is f2 and grab is f6. f6 is the fastest any grab on any character is (non-tethers range from f6 to f8); a f2 grab would be so insanely good that the plant would without a doubt be the best character in the game if it had that.

Kersey

Smash Rookie
No, jab is f2 and grab is f6. f6 is the fastest any grab on any character is (non-tethers range from f6 to f8); a f2 grab would be so insanely good that the plant would without a doubt be the best character in the game if it had that.
Sorry yeah meant jab

Top Bottom