• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

infinite recovery?

funnyguy500

Smash Cadet
this has probably been posted but you can use your c4 out of your up b, then fastfall into them and detonate it, letting u up b again... the higher percent the farther it will send you too. just wanted to share in case it hadn't been posted

happy smashing

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
1) Fastfalling will kill the recovery. Just detonate the C4 without falling fast, but do it quickly.

2) If you somehow got gimped off the stage at a low percent, and the initial Cypher doesn't do it, you aren't making it back, period. Unless you're at the threshold percentage where Snake will actually start to gain height with each successive cypher after a C4 recovery.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Yea I could never do this because I always fastfall when either deploying or detonating the C4. It gets annoying at times. :(

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
im so sad, i was just practicing planting c4 on faces and found this out accidentally, i was about to hook up my wii to my capture card to upload a video and i saw this thread >_<

Hax

Smash Champion
1) Fastfalling will kill the recovery. Just detonate the C4 without falling fast, but do it quickly.

2) If you somehow got gimped off the stage at a low percent, and the initial Cypher doesn't do it, you aren't making it back, period. Unless you're at the threshold percentage where Snake will actually start to gain height with each successive cypher after a C4 recovery.
incorrect bro, im pretty sure if you cypher straight up then detonate c4 on yourself, then cypher straight up again, you'll make it. just remember that you can drop c4 after your cypher.

Scala

Smash Ace
If you're worried about fastfalling, just tilt down-b rather than push all the way down-- this will prevent fastfall.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Hax, I checked the vertical limits you can attain with the cypher after gimping yourself off the stage. For this test, I begin my cypher after I begin decent from my second jump. And for this test, I set myself at 15 percent damage and used B-sticking to avoid fastfalling,

In a nutshell, Snake doesn't reach the stage the first time, and after performing a C4 recovery once, I find that Snake doesn't go as high as the initial cypher. I eventually die because I'm actually losing height rather than gaining it. And I'm never able to attain a good enough percentage to actually gain height, because I end up dying before the C4 will detonate.

All in all, just hope that you don't get gimped early, or you're going to have to be precise with your recovery.

Dacman

Smash Rookie
this seems like a Samus bomb jump except u damadge urself as well.
this will only work if gimped off a low percentage, high percentage ul just blow urself out of the sky.

Zurik

Smash Rookie
It's great if you get stuck under the stage in some levels.. not sure about FD though i always die before I can detonate on that one.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
I like to use this at a semi-low percentage. However, I can't tell you how many times lag has made me press down b multiple times to plant, only to blow myself away. I suppose that's just a random problem I have though. C4 is also pretty useful at higher percentages to get a boost. Just got to be careful, especially since it seems like the upper boundary has been lowered on a lot of stages. Or maybe it's just me...

Top Bottom