• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Laserlock Character List

Squipy

Smash Cadet
As most of you know, laserlock is not infinite for all characters. There are some characters the laserlock only lasts a few lasers and they can escape. I thought this would help because as many more Falcos are trying to incorporate LLing into their metagame, they should know which characters to do it on and which to not bother on.

Green - Infinite
Red - Temporary, ranges from one laser to ~8

Bowser
Donkey Kong
Snake
DDD
Charizard
Ganon
Samus
Wario
Yoshi
ROB

Ike
Captain Falcon
Link
Wolf
Lucario
Ivysaur

Mario
Luigi
Sonic

Pit
Ness
Lucas

Diddy
Toon Link
Ice Climbers
- Nana stops lasers.
One Climber (Popo)
Peach
Marth
Zelda
Sheik

Falco
Olimar
Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Pikachu
Metaknight
Kirby
G&W
Squirtle
Jigglypuff

I'd appreciate it if someone pointed I miscalculated on a character. I apologize if this was already posted, I couldn't find a previous thread on this after searching. Also, thank you to M2K for listing a few in his Easy ways to LASERLOCK thread, but not all.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I believe i've seen a list of lockable and non-lockable characters before, but it was a really long time ago, and unless it was a part of M2K's thread I would have no idea where to find it again, so good job. Good to know.

roxbear

Smash Rookie
What %'s do they have to be at. Lets say, metaknight for example.

Is there a ballpark value that you should start attempting to set up for the laserlock and put someone on their belly?

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
The laser lock works at any percentage, you just have to make them fall down and they're screwed.

Edit:
I should say that they do have to get to a certain percentage where they'll fall down. So the only way to laser lock at 0% would be to somehow have them fall over. Possibly something like Meta Knight's glide recovery?

Squipy

Smash Cadet
What %'s do they have to be at. Lets say, metaknight for example.

Is there a ballpark value that you should start attempting to set up for the laserlock and put someone on their belly?
You can find all your information on %s and what moves to set up for laserlocks here. There's tons of additional laserlock information too.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162322

So the only way to laser lock at 0% would be to somehow have them fall over. Possibly something like Meta Knight's glide recovery?
When your enemy is at any % (including 0%), if you do fast ledge attack (the ledge attack you do when you're below 100% damage) it sets them up for an LL. It's really easy to do and effective against many characters. So if you're trying to LL more in your metagame, once you connect your get-up attack start spamming lasers and if they didn't tech their fall or jump they should be laserlocked from the opposite side of the map.

Top Bottom