• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Jump w/ bair and nair!!!!! *update* can be done w/ all aerials and video

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
Really, the only purpose I think this has is for fair and nair. Unless there's a way to do this for any of his other aerials to cancel the lag on them(and even then those would be more situational than the other two), I don't see much use for this either.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Basically, all of his aerials auto cancel anyways except for the dair, which you can't do with this. Id rather just land and jump again, and save my second jump.

Quick question: Do you get back your height boost from the first hit of the DB with this? or do you still only get one until you stop doing this?

xMiMix

Smash Apprentice
Canada, Ontario. I have a really good connection,
OK, I'm going to PM xMiMix right now. If it's not up by this evening I'll send itto someone else. Suoinegni, I might PM you later if you're online.

This is getting ridiculous
:/

There is not much use to this tech or w.e. you want to call it. Besides, I think the only true one in the vid was at 0:13.
The rest didn't seem quite the same.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
I think there's just more margin for error than people think. You can still hit the ground for a split second and do the ISJR. The one at 0:13 was just quicker i think, which would be the idea speed, but nonetheless you guys get the idea of this "tech" If you're really curious just imagine each one being ever so slightly quicker off the ground.

I'm gonna go to my friends house and spike people for 5 hours now and not use this tech at all, but maybe something useful will be here when I get back.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
OK, here's the video, discuss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKl0CkpTFyI

It always seems a little faster with fair, just because it has the least lag time, but you'll notice that all of those are second jumps. I still don't see many practical uses but I want your guy's opinions.
I'm srry its late at night I want to go to sleep but I have that duty to check smashboards. And WTF? I waited for this vid thinking it was legit but I'm srry the only true one was at 0:13. If u ever went to the actual discussion a very similar thing happened.

Ppl thought it was easy they got it first 10 seconds. But they were doing something called instant double jump and it worked b/c of tap jump. Somehow tap jump causes two jumps to be buffered or something like that anyway the point is... The way to differentiate between whether its a true ISJR or not is if you see dust clouds. If you don't u did it.

Anyway application for this is sooooo hard but I really wonder how anybody will apply it. I really want to know. it will be very interesting. I find promise in a bair > ISJR to dair. Thats all I think would be useful and possible at this point. Any more ideas plz share them

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Oh well w/e

I don't think this is gonna be useful at all. You would have to be basically frame perfect, while trying to space your aerials. If you mess up and aren't frame perfect then you ruin your spacing and let your opponent recover. Its just not worth it when marth has so many other edge-guarding options

OmegaSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Man, I waited ages for this video what did I get? This! There's only one true SJR, the one at 0:13, like everyone's saying.

But still, I hope people will find use for this. This is just the most advanced AT there is...

Top Bottom